Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have a docker container on a Synology NAS that updates some Sonarr config things. However, I need to manually pass a (sudo) command to docker through the CLI when I want to update (sudo docker exec..)

What's the best way to have this command run automatically every day at a specific time?

e: also because I have to SSH in to run commands and I don't want to leave that open so I have to turn it on and back off each time

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can’t you just add your user to the “docker” group to avoid sudo?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

sudo crontab -e

that's it, that's all ya gotta do

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Tatsuta Age posted:

sudo crontab -e

that's it, that's all ya gotta do

Command not found. Is there a way to set up a script or something through the UI, such that I can manage these items without needing to constantly open and close SSH? Like a way to write some commands I want in a .sh file and shove that on a drive somewhere to have the NAS run at some interval?

IUG posted:

Can’t you just add your user to the “docker” group to avoid sudo?

How do I know what user docker execs as? I have some containers I pass PUID and PGID but I don't know how those relate to a specific user and how to find/set them otherwise

This is what I get now when I run as non-sudo but I don't know how to tell the perms I need:

Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get "http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.24/containers/recyclarr/json": dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 21, 2024

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
If you add your user to the docker group it doesn't affect your UID/GID. It will let you run docker without the need for sudo. That's it.

Then you can crontab -e as your login user and add your docker commend or wrap it in a script (remember that crontab runs as /bin/sh and doesn't have your regular bash profile available in it, so a wrapper script with it sourced is your best bet).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah your error isn’t in Docker, it’s permission denied trying to run Docker commands. The container isn’t having the issue.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I guess what I’m asking is that I don’t know which user docker executes as, since there’s no user groups I see impacting docker in my Synology user/group settings.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Why the hell are you dicking around in CLI on a Synology anyway?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Matt Zerella posted:

Why the hell are you dicking around in CLI on a Synology anyway?

Something that needs done.

PRADA SLUT posted:

I have a docker container on a Synology NAS that updates some Sonarr config things. However, I need to manually pass a (sudo) command to docker through the CLI when I want to update (sudo docker exec..)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

That should be done inside of the docker container, not from the host CLI, wtf.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Matt Zerella posted:

That should be done inside of the docker container, not from the host CLI, wtf.

Wtf, the dude wanted automatic updates which it seems is not possible in the OPs current situation, wtf?

Maybe help out with an answer?

Edit: reminder. The guy could not access crontab -e.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 21, 2024

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

EVIL Gibson posted:

Wtf, the dude wanted automatic updates which it seems is not possible in the OPs current situation, wtf?

Maybe help out with an answer?

If this is recyclarr it's got built in cron inside of the container. Trying to automate this by firing a command into the docker and potentially breaking the implementation on a device meant to be used with a GUI is an exercise in futility. I'm trying to help here by saying this is not the right way to go about this!

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Pull the latest image and recreate the container. Not having to janitor the packages inside the container is kinda what makes containers so useful and easy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

PRADA SLUT posted:

I guess what I’m asking is that I don’t know which user docker executes as, since there’s no user groups I see impacting docker in my Synology user/group settings.

You don't need to know because your ability to run a docker command without sudo in front of it is not determined by what user owns the docker process. It is determined by whether the user you are logged in as, has permission to run docker commands without sudo. IUG already gave you the answer here.

On most distros this would be a usermod command, but Synology is special according to this post I found.

While I'm a big proponent of docker without sudo, I do agree that this probably isn't the best way to handle whatever specific task you're actually trying to do.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Matt Zerella posted:

If this is recyclarr it's got built in cron inside of the container. Trying to automate this by firing a command into the docker and potentially breaking the implementation on a device meant to be used with a GUI is an exercise in futility. I'm trying to help here by saying this is not the right way to go about this!

I see the docs how it asks for docker compose up -d to start in cron mode, but how do I implement this? Docker compose isn't a command the CLI recognizes. I just want this to update daily without any intervention. Is this a variable I call out in my compose yml? I can't pass up -d through an exec either.

When I view the environment vars in DSM it lists CRON_SCHEDULE @daily but I don't know if that means it's running daily or if its just holding that timeframe waiting for some type of launch parameter.

other people posted:

Pull the latest image and recreate the container. Not having to janitor the packages inside the container is kinda what makes containers so useful and easy.

I already have Watchtower to update containers but it only runs when there's a new release of something.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 22, 2024

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

PRADA SLUT posted:

I already have Watchtower to update containers but it only runs when there's a new release of something.

If the contents of the image need updating then there should be a new release of the container image. Though you originally say you are trying to update "some Sonarr config things" which almost sounds like the container isn't an app or has some baked in configs that you need to modify???

Anyway, I know you are likely not the image author so you may not be able to control this stuff directly but in general if one is needing to modify/update bits of the shipped image then you are doing it wrong.

Maybe the bits you need to update can instead be on a volume mounted in the container so a host process can easily modify them without touching the container? Or if they have to be part of the baked image then it isn't too difficult to have your own Dockerfile that extends the image you are using.

:shrug: sorry to keep harping on this but whatever solution you find for your current task is going to be clunky because it goes against what the tools are designed to help do.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

PRADA SLUT posted:

I see the docs how it asks for docker compose up -d to start in cron mode, but how do I implement this? Docker compose isn't a command the CLI recognizes. I just want this to update daily without any intervention. Is this a variable I call out in my compose yml? I can't pass up -d through an exec either.

When I view the environment vars in DSM it lists CRON_SCHEDULE @daily but I don't know if that means it's running daily or if its just holding that timeframe waiting for some type of launch parameter.

https://recyclarr.dev/wiki/installation/docker/#cron-mode

Checking the documentation, by default the cron mode is set to daily. You only need to set that variable if you want to modify that schedule (you don't, mine runs default). So basically you don't need to do anything lol.

You can check your logs for the docker container and you should see it running once a day.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

hey PS, did recyclarr update today?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A few weeks ago I discussed plans to put together a YouTube series on how to put together your own MTV service from scratch... a few people seemed interested

Wayne Knight posted:

I will watch this.

See!

So as I've never done this kind of stuff before, I wanted to put together a beta-version of the first part for people here to give a watch and let me know what can be improved before I do a bunch more. Like everyone I don't like my voice, and I think I had the teleprompter software (something I've never used before) running a little fast, so there's a few bunged up words here and there so I might redo that. It seemed to sound OK on my speakers but my headphones made it sound a bit more echoey as I'm in a pretty big room. I'll also send the link to the Ersatz discord where people know how the software works to make sure they don't think I'm full of poo poo either.

But I'm hoping it makes sense, is easy enough to follow, and if it's a subject that intrigued people would have them wanting to watch further videos as I go more in-depth. There's about a minute or so spoken intro before the actual tutorial starts, just because it would be the first in the series and wanted to introduce it. If you'd rather not clog up the thread with feedback and instead send me a PM, they're open. Appreciate anything anyone has to say!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jooqfktDYD4

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That was excellent and just might get me off my rear end to actually do this, a thing I've been interested in trying for a while now.

EL BROMANCE posted:

So as I've never done this kind of stuff before, I wanted to put together a beta-version of the first part for people here to give a watch and let me know what can be improved before I do a bunch more. Like everyone I don't like my voice, and I think I had the teleprompter software (something I've never used before) running a little fast, so there's a few bunged up words here and there so I might redo that.

You sounded fast but confident. Back the speed off just a little bit for the next one and don't worry about this one. It was very well presented.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

A few weeks ago I discussed plans to put together a YouTube series on how to put together your own MTV service from scratch... a few people seemed interested

See!

So as I've never done this kind of stuff before, I wanted to put together a beta-version of the first part for people here to give a watch and let me know what can be improved before I do a bunch more. Like everyone I don't like my voice, and I think I had the teleprompter software (something I've never used before) running a little fast, so there's a few bunged up words here and there so I might redo that. It seemed to sound OK on my speakers but my headphones made it sound a bit more echoey as I'm in a pretty big room. I'll also send the link to the Ersatz discord where people know how the software works to make sure they don't think I'm full of poo poo either.

But I'm hoping it makes sense, is easy enough to follow, and if it's a subject that intrigued people would have them wanting to watch further videos as I go more in-depth. There's about a minute or so spoken intro before the actual tutorial starts, just because it would be the first in the series and wanted to introduce it. If you'd rather not clog up the thread with feedback and instead send me a PM, they're open. Appreciate anything anyone has to say!

This was great! Looks like I need to start collecting some music videos.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

EL BROMANCE posted:

See!

Thank you for giving me a Sunday project.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aw, really appreciate the feedback! I have a few tweaks I want to make so think I’ll probably re-record the audio too and just retime the video to it (it was done separately any synced anyway so shouldn’t be too hard).

Next video, which unfortunately won’t be for a little bit as I’m traveling for 2 weeks on Wednesday and it’s gonna need a fair amount of prep, will be all about organizing and obtaining.

In short, spreadsheets to work out my shows and timing, and lots of yt-dlp usage and spending ages finding good YouTube playlists for the majority. I also had a 20 DVD set I found online of 90s dance videos that I encoded by hand which gave me 500 videos in one shot.

It’s quite crazy that some absolutely huge songs just aren’t online in any great quality. You sell millions of copies and the official video on your YouTube is an interlaced video badly encoded at 240p that was ripped from a German channel. VEVO branded stuff is generally a godsend, and there’s a huge library.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Pretty good! Like others have said it sounds a bit rushed, but that's a common issue for non-pro talkers. It sounds normal to you when you're talking because you already know what you're about to say, but to people hearing it for the first time it's slightly fast. You'll have to work on forcing yourself to slow down a hair, which will feel slow to you but sound normal to everyone else.

I figured it would be a lot of mirroring existing playlislts by ripping them down with ytdlp, and the idea of recreating 80s/90s Beavis and Butthead-era MTV remains intriguing. I've never looked, but archive.org might be a decent resource for old videos? Anything from archive.org can be easily torrented or wget'ed. Like this list of 100+ 80s videos.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

As an American, I immediately trust the British accent voice (alright I’d slow up a bit). The longer this video went on, the more trouble I could tell I’d be in. I turned to my wife and said “I am 1,000% doing this”.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
I've been slowly downloading music videos off youtube to do something like this and was wondering about integrating Ersatz or something like that to get it done. Thanks El Bromance!

Episode ordering question: I have the complete Batman: The Animated Series managed in Sonarr where it uses TVDB episode ordering. This is not my preferred order of episodes. I know you can change episode ordering in Plex by going to the show, Edit > Advanced > Episode Ordering but this just seems to update the order Plex displays the episode metadata and the file name with S01E01 is STILL the first episode. So for example, in the TVDB order the first episode of BTAS is The Cat and Claw (1). When I changed the episode order to Absolute, On Leather Wings shows up in the list as the first episode, but getting info on the episode shows the file name is still the original Cat and Claw episode.

Apparently switching episode orders in Sonarr is a requested feature since 2015 but there's a game of hot potato as to who's the hold up, the Sonarr team for not prioritizing a rework of show settings/import/rename to include this as an option and then some fingers pointed at the TVDB API for only supporting non-default ordering by exposing two fields related to dvd ordering.

As I can see it my options are bad and worse. Bad: Just not track BTAS in Sonar and manually rename/reorder based on my preference. Worse: Incorrectly re-import them into Sonarr so that the episodes match with my preferred episode ordering in Plex.

Please tell me there's a better way?

Dr. Poz fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 28, 2024

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Do you interject your own vjay clips?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

deong posted:

Just collect hundreds of clips of Matt Pinfield interviewing random rockers sitting on multicolored boxes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Takes No Damage posted:

Pretty good! Like others have said it sounds a bit rushed, but that's a common issue for non-pro talkers. It sounds normal to you when you're talking because you already know what you're about to say, but to people hearing it for the first time it's slightly fast. You'll have to work on forcing yourself to slow down a hair, which will feel slow to you but sound normal to everyone else.

I figured it would be a lot of mirroring existing playlislts by ripping them down with ytdlp, and the idea of recreating 80s/90s Beavis and Butthead-era MTV remains intriguing. I've never looked, but archive.org might be a decent resource for old videos? Anything from archive.org can be easily torrented or wget'ed. Like this list of 100+ 80s videos.

That stuff about the speed makes total sense, and I'll definitely have that in mind when I re-record and do new ones, thanks.

Yeah archive.org is another great resource, unfortunately it's also a chicken/egg thing when you find something that's on YouTube and Archive.org and trying to work out which might've come first (and thus one generated encode newer). I've found a ton of stuff for another project I'm working on using DizqueTV which is similar to ersatz but relies on Plex as a library source, and that'll be another video series when I'm a bit further along in that. Some of these projects can get super monotonous and after a week or two of multiple hours a day staring at the same fillesets can sap a bit.

The thing I like most about the MTV project is I'm genuinely using it whenever I'm sat at my desk working, which is great. That Apple Music sub is kinda going wasted right now...

deong posted:

I've got a bit of time to actually write something up that will bridge the gap of waiting until I can record this stuff and it'll answer this question too.

I'm actually working on something like 4 or 5 channels, but once you've got one fully fledged one up and running the others are pretty easy. So my main one is my MTV 90s channel, which is a combo of MTV Europe and MTV US programming (MTV Europe often called their shows the same things, or just flat out imported the US version).

Using a combination of my memory, and the Wikipedia pages for MTV US (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_MTV) and MTV Europe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Global) which have lists of shows that were broadcast, I can put together a picture of the programming landscape. Googling for more info, trying to find clips on YouTube etc and sometimes just kinda making things up.

For my scheduling, everything is based around shows. A show can get built up in a variety of ways, the simplest is the same as I did in the video... make a folder, and turn it into a smart collection and that's a show. Some are more complicated and require using all 3 collection types. The idea is to give shows their own unique feels, even if they cover some of the same videos another might show. Ideally I don't want duplicate files, so I decide a mental 'home show' for each song that gets imported - I use chart archives sometimes, as I decided for my version of The Grind that I just want dance music that charted in the top 20, whereas anything outside of that can live in MTV Party Zone.

The folder structure I decided upon uses decades as the base (super easy to put into MTV 80s, MTV 90s, MTV 00s etc then) and then shows within that. So to cover a few shows, an example of some of my folders includes:

MVs/1990s/Hitlist UK
MVs/1990s/Hitlist UK (90-95)
MVs/1990s/Hitlist UK (96-99)
MVs/1990s/Dial MTV (Europe)
MVs/1990s/MTV Select

The Hitlist UK folder contains lots of Brit Pop and similar covering the 90s, while the two 90-95/96-99 folders are more generic pop-based music. Dial MTV and MTV Select are essentially the same show (Non US originating pop music that cover the whole chart, but excluding Birtpop etc) with Dial covering 90-95 and Select covering 96-99. This is why Hitlist UK is split using those years.

The folders get imported as smart collections, and then I build Multi Collections from thoses, so my show called Hitlist UK will contain 3 smart collections (UK,90-95,96-99), Dial MTV will contain Hitlist UK 90-95 and the Dial MTV collections, and Select will be 96-99 and the Select collections. I also have regular collections that are built within Ersatz own system so I can add specific songs into any of these shows as I decide. This is just for the 90s channel, so when I build a show that might cover 2 decades it can get quite hectic with regards from where it draws the songs from!

I have a spreadsheet page that covers the shows and an outline of the years and criteria I follow, it's a bit messy but I'll be cleaning it up for the video to use for that.

So this is Version 3 or something like that of my main spreadsheet view. I have a few sheets where I've gone through real schedules I've found on TV guides online and managed to get a grasp of what each channel was doing at a few points throughout the 90s, what shows would air, when they'd air, length etc. So I made my own version based on that and what I'd personally want to see. I decided to go only music video based shows, no Beavis & Butthead/Daria/Real World etc - my other project covers those anyway.

And here's that 'Daily' column represented in Ersatz's schedule. I can then make a copy of this for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc and not have to do all those entries by hand (which is time consuming).

(Anything that uses 120 Minutes is a placeholder while I work on getting some idents, collections etc ready, and I have Dance Floor Chart Show at the moment as I haven't started on Chill Out zone beyond the intro)

So between the floods, you can see entries for the set times - these are the show starts. As well as the MVs, I also have a Filler folder for each show with intros that I've grabbed from YouTube or cut from clips, usually just 30-60 sec things, and hopefully a few options for as many shows as possible to give some variety. You set them up the same way as smart collections for the videos, I just mark them with the word 'Ident' so I know what's what. Its told to play a single random intro from that collection then go into the music video flood with no delay.

Filler settings in Ersatz aren't quite perfect for my uses, but it's under development still so things might change on this front. There's four types of filler (you can see this on the video when I add the schedule) pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll and finally tail. The first 3 all work on every song that's played in flood mode.

Pre/Post work the same way - before/after every video plays it'll play something from this filler list. So maybe you'll put an MTV ID sting playlist in the Pre list, then a promo in the post list. I think this might be a little too busy to do every 4 minutes so I haven't gone for this personally, but I might give it a whirl.

Mid-roll is a no-go for MVs, it's for movies or TV shows with chapter breaks.

Tail is a playlist that'll kick in when the schedule says "OK it's 3:57pm now and if I play the next music video I picked out of the list that'll take it to 4:01 and we don't want to overrun" so it'll play from the filler playlist defined there, which is where I keep my promos. Again, if it picks a promo that is too long for the time allocated it'll drop back to the fallover clip - something it plays whenever something goes wrong. I just have a 3 minute clip of an MTV logo with music playing. It's a shame it can't pick a random point to start in this file, but I'll probably make a set of them just so I don't get bored of hearing the same 10 seconds every time it runs.

So VJs... there's a few ways to incorporate them in. Personally I want to keep these kinds of clips short and only use them if I can find a bunch of clean clips or they'll become overplayed and annoying.

For The Grind, as this show doesn't have a proper introduction, I instead grabbed every good quality video of the show from YouTube as I could and made a filler playlist of these and used this instead of an intro - so when the show starts, you get a full song from the actual show play, before it goes into the regular playlist.

I could also make a folder within the show folder within MVs/1990s/The Grind/ that contains a bunch of clips, and it'll get picked up like a regular music video every so often. It'll use the filename as the onscreen text (as it thinks it's a music video, filler is classed as 'OtherVideo' so doesn't have onscreen text) but I think as long as you put a hyphen at the end, it should play them clean (ie 'VJ Vanessa Clip 1 - ' should be fine)

Another option is more time consuming, but rather than using flood you can tell it to specifically play 3 videos on one schedule, and change the post-roll filler on the 3rd one to specifically play a clip, then you can keep repeating this entry a few more times and then end with a flood - I've checked with the developer and if you put in too many entries and it goes past the next start time, the channel will probably stop streaming.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUsrId0TaBU-YKcNZl0W2EA here's a decent resource on YouTube for non-MV stuff from the real shows, I just need to go through the relevant ones and see what I can cut out.

Lots of words, and I'm hoping this'll be more straightforward when I have time to write a proper script and physically show it, but hoping it helps people visualize how to take it further than what I showed in yesterday's video. (Also, yes! EPG stuff works and is pretty neat)

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thanks for this, it looks great. I've been using etv for about a year now, and community resources/documentation is definitely lacking and would have been really helpful when I was first starting out. Overall I really do love the software, and the dev seems to be adding new features/bugfixing regularly.

I've got around 10 channels going, some with random ephemeral nonsense, some with a variety of shows with vintage commercial breaks, and others that just play one show 24/7. There's been reports of how some streaming services are planning on bringing back "channels" like this, to help overcome the choice-paralysis of modern streaming and its tons of content. There really is something to be said about being able to just tune in and not have to specifically choose what to watch. I think etv and disquietv etc. will become more popular with time, and I hope development stays active.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I wish dizque was more active development wise because the most recent update seemed (on macOS at least) to break more than it fixed. I still prefer it over ersatz for Plex library integration and the variety of scheduling options you get, but I know ersatz is far more active and now has playlists and schedule blocks etc too so it’s catching up on that front.

I had a big issue when trying to connect my Plex library to Ersartz, it took hours and I think filled my system drive with a temporary file and caused a bunch of issues with my non-Plex collections afterwards that stopped updating.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a way to turn off episode thumbnails or blur them to hide spoilers for shows, especially competitive reality shows? Doing it on a show by show basis would be nice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There used to be, but it disappeared for some reason. Most smart thumbnail people will do non-spoiler ones, showing just the host or similar.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Look at what you've made me spend my afternoon doing El Bromance. Now I'm downloading old commercials from archive.org to use as padding.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mwaha my master plan to have everyone sink their free time into this too is almost complete! ;)

How do you find the Plex integration, presuming that’s what you’re using?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Mwaha my master plan to have everyone sink their free time into this too is almost complete! ;)

How do you find the Plex integration, presuming that’s what you’re using?

I'm using the emby integration. Worked fine for my movie library, not scanning/processing the entire TV library (which has a lot more items in it). It's close enough for now. The important thing is getting these commercials inserted between my AFI Top 100 Movie channel: https://archive.org/details/ctvc

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I can't wait for my sabbatical later this year so I can hopefully resume work on my similar project.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Is there a way to have Plex transcode DolbyVision to HDR10 or tone map to SDR (with Plex Pass)? My TV and/or receiver doesn't support DV but Plex still direct plays DV files and then the colors are off.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Motronic posted:

The important thing is getting these commercials inserted between my AFI Top 100 Movie channel: https://archive.org/details/ctvc

Yeah good commercial curation is a must, I’ve got channels set up for Christmas and Halloween with a bunch of apt commercials on em. Lot of going through, getting rid of dupes and ones that don’t hit a quality grade. There’s a lot of compilations on YouTube and they can be hard to split without encoding as you have to cut at specific frame types for the ‘in’, reminds me there’s a goon in another thread who was uploading a collection and I totally meant to check what he was working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I've had a dizque setup for about a year now just playing every old episode of WWE Raw, Smackdown and every PPV. I fall asleep to Kurt Angle's theme every night.