Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

I've been using Plex for a while, usually either with an iPad or a Roku 3 (I have no complaints about the interface, who gives a poo poo? I mostly use my Android phone and play to Roku anyway). Plex is currently running on my really overpowered desktop and works beautifully, except when I try to use the Windows Plex client connected to the PMS on the same computer. When I connect to the server (manually my specifying localhost) it is constantly buffering. I don't understand how it could possibly be having trouble with buffering without even going over the network. Am I doing something wrong? It is definitely not a cpu power problem, as it is a very overlocked i5-2500k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

I guess I wasn't clear. This doesn't happen in the web player, it happens in the Plex Home Theater program. Weirdly it works fine in the web player, guess I'll just use that.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

If anyone is on Roku for Plex, they just put out a firmware update that looks like it fixes audio sync. I'm getting perfect sync right now.

I haven't had audio sync issues but I have had issues where randomly Plex for Roku just won't play audio for actual files. Menu audio and theme music works fine but as soon as videos start playing, silence, for all videos. Only way I've found to fix it is rebooting the Roku.