Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Roundboy posted:

Are you running out of transcoding juice ? Tail the logs, grep for "speed" and see what you are arctually transcoding at. anything below 1 means you are stuttering. Depending on buffer you can handle a few occasionally, but not constant.

Before I upgraded my server, i found that it was better to raise the encoding level to MAX, and let my media play directly vs a blanket transcode to 4 MBPS 720p. Media that contains DTS, or anything unknown will always require a transcode regardless

Where do I change this setting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm thinking of adding some more smart TVs with Plex to the house, but would, in certain circumstances, want to be able to access my DirecTV for streaming / recorded video.

Is there a guide somewhere on either setting up the IR blaster / capture configuration to make it available as a "channel" or similar for Plex?

Or is there a way to do this with software & networking?

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000

Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

Just get receivers. You're gonna drive yourself crazy making something that sort of works.

The hope was I could rig something up for the handful of times I want to be able to get a hockey game onto this TV. Otherwise I gotta pay DirecTV another loving receiver fee, remote, cable, etc.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000

Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Have you looked into third party app logins?

Fox Sports streaming is either live or replay. No DVR functionality (last year when I checked) on those games. Maybe they fixed it?