Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Plex has been working out well for the short time I've been using it. I have it running on a VM which accesses media rrom a NAS. I've been streaming to an ipad with the web browser, PS3 via DLNA and streamed to an openelec box. The openelec box I'll planning on converting to a linux based plex client to see how that works out.

It also seems to run multiple streams well even though I'm running an old athlon 3.0 GHz quad core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
PS3 runs fine for me by wireless (note that it's only about 3 m from the router. I do have a PC which runs like crap but it's near some metal shelving and a stack of old hardware. It'll have terrible reception so it stutters badly.

Your server is also considerably better than mine as I'm only running on an Athlon X4 3GHz and it's running in a virtual machine.