Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I am so confused by this

https://www.plex.tv/plex-pass-pro/installer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Not sure what's to be confused about Plex offering AV installation companies a way to install and support their software.

I just don't understand how you "sell" Plex.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Well this sure is something. http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/1/12747590/plex-dvr-HDHomeRun-OTA-recording

And yet, they still can't provide me the ability to make my own channels/stations like PseudoTV.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Seems Plex is going to the cloud with Amazon. I signed up for an invite but I'm really, really interested in seeing how they handle encryption to prevent Amazon from seeing your MKV's. https://www.plex.tv/cloud/

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

TheScott2K posted:

Well obviously we all own all of the media on our Plex servers

I have roughly 10,000 copies of Big Buck Bunny waiting to upload to the cloud.

This seems like a nightmare. It also seems like a potentially real bad PR move for Plex. Imagine being some dumbfuck who hears how awesome Plex is and how they can just pay roughly $110 a year and have all their old Napster mp3's everywhere, not knowing a thing about encryption. They're going to get lit the gently caress up on DMCA's & ToS violations.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Anyone using Ombi? It seems pretty awesome but I can't seem to find a way to edit the newsletter contents.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Anyone using Stablebit Clouddrive to keep your media encrypted on something like Google Drive for Plex usage? My server is hot as poo poo and I'm tired of living in hell before I actually die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

priznat posted:

Has anyone been having issues with Plex streaming to iOS Safari browser lately?

Often when a show is selected the spinner will just go spinning away and nothing plays. Fiddling with buttons sometimes kicks it into going, using the skip forward or moving the scrubber around.

Also the fullscreen button seems to be missing after a recent update, or I can't find it.

This is without a plex pass or anything. Perhaps it might be worth getting the media player app instead.

I've been having this issue and also issues resuming from a pause with Safari.