Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Just curious, why that instead of the actual Plex app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

For some things, ie the 2 different cuts of Deadpool 2 that exist, I just make a /Scene/ folder in the main movie and dump the other cut into that.

This is brilliant, thanks.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I bought a 2 bay synology DS218+. It has its own plex server app and does hardware decoding. With that and 2 drives it was probably just under $400.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

I've always used a pretty beefy PC for Plex but I've decided now is the time to invest in a NAS. I'm getting a Synology DS218+ which according to the Plex compatibility spreadsheet is capable of doing 1080p hardware accelerated transcoding with PlexPass. Is there anything else I should be aware of when selecting a NAS and hard drives to go in it?

This is what I use. I haven't had any problems at all. The drives I have are a little loud, so you may not want to keep it next to your TV. You have to manually install the Plex that does hardware transcoding instead of the Plex server software that comes on it.