Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
I love Plex, but I've ran into an issue. I've got a TV series, it's roughly 23 seasons and around 125gb on disk. Playing on disk is fine, however the android plex client completely shits every time you try and load the entry for this show. So, for instance, you see "Prisoner of Cell Block H - Season 1" on Plex, hit it and it tries to load all of the episodes in the 26 Prisoner folders.

I'm guessing the plex client is just choking when it's loading that many episodes in one spot since it's somewhere in the range of 368 episodes.

My folder structure is Prisoner of Cell Block H (that I created) -> Prisoner of Cell Block H (that the download created) -> Individual folders for each season.

Would be the best way to sort my folders so I can get Plex to see them 1 season at a time and avoid the client taking a dump upon trying to load? Any guesses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Fix your naming structure as per Plex's own naming conventions. Google Plex naming TV shows and you'll see their page on this. Folder name rules are:

Show name->show name- season number->episodes of that season.

Having a download folder in the middle is the problem, because it is looking for a folder with a season name and not finding it.

Success! Thanks a bunch!

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

GutBomb posted:

Is that the Australian women's prison soap opera?

It is!

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Stick100 posted:

Probably not, the only great thing it offers is cloud playback (files from Google Drive, Dropbox...) or offline syncing. If you are willing to leave a server running constantly it will stream outside of the house very well and even do all of the network tunneling.

Yah, I just cancelled my plex pass actually. Outside of the one trip I didn't have reliable wifi and used the offline syncing function, I never used the pass for anything. You'll get a LOT of mileage out of the free version!