Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Plex app for iOS is currently broken if you use the syncing feature (PlexPass only I believe).

Don't update it if you can help it. :(

App crashes immediately on opening, unless you turn WiFi off. So best case you can only watch content you've synced to your device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
In case anyone else runs into this issue, figured I'd share -

The other night, none of my Plex clients were showing my Chromecast as available. My Plex server did see it, but when I would try to cast, I'd get an "unable to play media" message. There was some funky workaround by accessing my Plex web client using either an IP address or localhost (can't recall what it was now) which then let me cast just from my Plex server.

Turns out it was because I had a friend's shared library set up, and I guess he turned his server off. For whatever reason, this was completely blocking my Plex server's ability to see my Chromecast.

Once I removed his server, all of my Plex apps were suddenly able to see my Chromecast again.

I was pulling my hair trying to figure out what could have gone wrong, since nothing had changed on my end. I factory reset my Chromecast, fiddled with my router, etc. Ended up figuring out the issue by opening the Developer Tools -> Console in my Chrome browser when accessing the Plex web client - I could see errors in there about my friend's Plex server not being accessible. Why that would affect the ability to connect to Chromecast, I have no idea.

Hopefully this knowledge will help someone else one day.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

porktree posted:

Anyone else having password issues? I got the new iOS app downloaded and it wanted me to login, but it won't take my password. I went to my Plex server, it was logged in, so, I signed out and tried to log back in, and it's not taking the password either. I'm going to try a reset, but am curious if I'm a special snowflake or there are troubles.

edit: Resetting the PW fixed worked. They must have changed the password policy.
Yeah, I am having the same problem after the iOS app automatically updated. Unfortunately I'm not getting an email from them to reset my password. :(

edit - nvm, I searched my email account and found the alert from them and that had a reset link that worked. Annoying that the one on the login screen doesn't seem to be working, but at least I got it working again.