Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Is there any way to increase the font of the web interface? Running it to my television is awesome but some of the text is so tiny you need to squint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

I actually have a chromecast. Some of the channels I would like to watch (like some of the shows on PBS) won't stream to devices but will work directly from the web browser. To get around this, I was watching through the browser of my PS4. First world problem.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

I use both and don't really notice a discernible difference between either.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Housh posted:

Do you use both PS4 and Chromecast? Accessing plex through the PS4 browser is slightly annoying but isn't terrible. However, I was wondering how much better it is with a chromecast despite the fact I lose my ability to plug in headphones unless you can plug them into the phone/tablet you are casting from to get audio.

To my knowledge, you can't get the audio from your mobile device while streaming, but the phone interface is really easy to use. Unless you are a subscriber, the plex ap is five bucks.

The only reason I use the PS4 interface is when I can't stream a channel via the phone. Some PBS shows and most NBC shows will let you watch from your phone but not stream them to the tv. Running through the PS4 browser gets around that problem. Unfortunately the browser method makes the font so tiny that it's hard to read from the other side of the room.