Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
All the clients I've used can browse by folder. I agree that Plex needs a lot of work in how it handles stuff it can't automatically pull metadata for, though—stuff like music DVDs, bonus materials for movies, random internet downloads, etc. I really want a way to build a browsable hierarchy that works like a TV Shows library, letting you set up artwork and metadata for each level in the tree, but which doesn't make you pretend things are in numbered "seasons", and which gives you a way to export the metadata so you don't lose it if you reorganize things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Cornjob posted:

So what is the point of plex even having the option of "local files" for a scraper? what is it looking for?
Embedded metadata?

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Local metadata in what format? Because it seems to pull embedded metadata out of video files just fine in my (admittedly limited) experience.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

I know the roku app is missing this
I thought that the Roku app used the fast-forward/rewind buttons on the episode-detail screen to move to the next/previous episode.