Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
So for the past week or so I have been having an issue with Plex where my video will just stop every 10 minutes or so. I need to close the video and reopen/resume it to continue. If I just hit play without closing it, it plays the next episode instead of resuming.

My media PC and the streaming PC are on the same network, both have the most recent version of plex server installed, both have Windows 10.

If I use the plex server installed on the streaming PC to watch a show, every 10 minutes or so playback will just stop, I need to close the video and reopen it to resume.
If I use the windows 10 Plex app, playback has no issues.

Anyone have an idea what would cause this or how to fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Atomizer posted:

I think I had this same issue a while back, I complained about it on the official forum, they acknowledged it was an issue, and I think I forgot about it until now because my setup's been working fine? IIRC it was a connection issue, partially related, I'm sure, to my weird network setup. What types of connections are your server and client using? Both wired, both wireless, etc.?

Both wired. hmm, guess I'll just keep trying and hope it starts working again.