Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I think there should be a link to the Unsupported Appstore in the OP. I didn't see any mention of it in any of these pages but I couldn't live without what it offers.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/25523-unsupported-as-in-totally-unofficial-appstore/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Housh posted:

Do you use both PS4 and Chromecast? Accessing plex through the PS4 browser is slightly annoying but isn't terrible. However, I was wondering how much better it is with a chromecast despite the fact I lose my ability to plug in headphones unless you can plug them into the phone/tablet you are casting from to get audio.

Can you not access Plex as a media server on a PS4 as you can on other consoles and devices? Do you really have to use a browser?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

underscoremx posted:

If you're using the official app for andriod, then you have to set the default video setting to HD on the device(android phone for me) in order for it to play in HD on the chromecast. It's not blatantly obvious where to set this and it took me more than a few tries to figure it out but it's there.

So where is it?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Housh posted:

I'm using the iOS app and I found it. I'm sure it's the same as the andriod. It's the top right button that looks like a sideways ellipses. Click that and there will be a cog icon that says "Quality." I set it to 720p on one video and now the rest seem to be set as 720p default.

Thanks. Found it the second time I looked on my android. The app hadn't connected to my PC the first time but now that it did, there's a couple of quality settings that weren't there before.