Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
So I just built a HTPC and love running Plex on it so far. However, I've noticed the video quality is better when I stream a file through Chromecast than playing it locally via the Plex home theater software. Is that normal? Seems like it upscales better via the Chromecast, PS3, etc for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

I've been having some issues streaming to clients using DLNA (PS3) and buffering. Navigating to the media server and selecting a video always results in constant buffering at the beginning of the movie and doesn't allow me to fast forward or skip ahead (this results in the movie restarting). All my streaming through Plex Web, Chromecast, etc work perfectly, so not sure what the issue is here.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Ended up getting a Plex Pass mainly for camera upload but it turns out it’s completely broken on iOS! The app just sits on ‘waiting to upload’ and seems like tons of other people have this same issue.

Feeling some pretty major buyer’s remorse right now...

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Kingnothing posted:

Try enabling background app refresh for the app and reboot your phone.

Deleting and reinstalling the app may help too.

Thanks- still didn’t work unfortunately. Also doesn’t work if I create a new test server on my PC (wasn’t sure if it was my SHIELD acting up).

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Does TV intro detection with Plex Pass require transcoding? I run my server off a Pi 4 which doesn't currently support HW transcoding (why is this not a thing yet?) and intro detections seems to take forever (like an entire day for a few episodes). Might just disable the feature if that's the case.

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 28, 2020