Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I was using Plex as an App on a Sony blu ray player, I think it was the S5500. Go to the Opera Store in the BD player menu, install it, activate the code, and it worked fine.

After about 2 months it stopped working. Won't launch. It wants to open a browser window to tell me an error message but the error message screen wont load.

Plex support forums are full of dead links, it won't even search for "sony blu ray player" without erroring.

I can still access the server on browser and multiple PS3s.

Anyone know what's up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

Probably just an outdated app. The apps for smart TVs and Blu-Ray players are notorious for not being able to be updated.

I considered that, the BDP app says 2.5.7. My PS3 says the same. Not sure if either are current, but the one works, the other doesn't.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

Hmmm do you have Plex Pass? I know PS3 doesn't require it but maybe the blu-ray player does now?

I wondered about that, too. No, I don't have Plex Pass, but as I said, it worked for a couple months before it stopped working. Is there a trial period that I unknowingly signed up for when I created the Plex account?