Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Slash posted:

Go on...

it's fantastic from the android app too. I can pause / resume plex from my Android Wear watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Regnevelc posted:

Plex runs great on my wired connection to my PS4 and to the local TV where the server is connected (mac mini mid 1010, 2.4ghz core2duo, 4gb ram). However, wireless is laggy as hell and constantly buffers when playing to my Amazon Fire TV - I've played around with the playback settings from 4 mbps 720p to 1.5 mbps 480p with zero luck.

I've googled a bit on this subject with no luck, but it's pretty frustrating. Have any of you found a way to take care of an issue like this? Is there port forwarding available? Should I tell Comcast to send me a better router?

Although I have a stronger server, yours should be able to handle it. I have no issues on a FireTV Stick, so I'd point my finger directly at the lovely router you're renting from your ISP.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

for me, the least reliable device for playback has been Chromecast.

The one issue I've had on the Fire Stick is that some files, albeit very few, have zero audio. Haven't been able to figure it out.