Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there something like a plug-in that will display the MyAnimeList rating for various anime shows in my Plex library? It shows the TVDB rating now, but that’s not very useful for me since most non-mainstream shows/episodes some really get a rating from TVDB.

Running straight on a Synology NAS if it matters, though I could do a Docker install of needed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there any reason to not use Plex TV Series as the scanner and agent for TV libraries? I keep seeing this fuckery about using IMDB instead but it's a bunch of poo poo from a few years back and open betas and plugins and unsupported third party poo poo, and it's clouding what the best option is in TYOOL 2023

tbh it's mostly anime, but the TVDB is absolute garbage for maintaining anime shows and metadata, and I'd rather be using IMDB or MAL if I could

e: this screen

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 4, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Corb3t posted:

Have you ever considered HamaTV agent with Absolute Series Scanner? I have my anime movies and tv shows combined in their own library and I'm pretty hands off with it. It's great.

I'll add at it, but aren't plugins getting depreciated?

A combined library isn't a big problem for me, since 95% of my shows are anime, and the occasional IRL SHOW isn't a problem to manage manually. Is there a way to pull in ratings from MAL or similar by any chance?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I assume this installed correctly?

And after this, just refresh metadata on the library?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 4, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
It looks okay, but there's a few weird issues:

Shows appear in their "main" translation, instead of their English name. E.g., Shingeki no Kyojin instead of Attack on Titan. I changed the config here but the names still show up wrong:

The source folders are under the English name as well, e.g., Attack on Titan (2013) {imdb-tt2560140}

Also, why do some shows have their AniDB information in the title?

The AniDB number is correct, so I know metadata exists: https://anidb.net/anime/16033

e: I'm re-importing everything as a new library, seeing if that fixes whatever.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 4, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
How do I make a Plex select foreign audio with subtitles when downloading to an iPad?

Some files are have multiple audio streams but I specifically want the (non-default) foreign one and substitutes either included with the file or burned in.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Khablam posted:

Navigate to the item first, I do this on the web client, and select the combination you want.
Then when the download task asks for that episode, it'll either pull the file and be set to play in that configuration, or transcode with those options as appropriate.

If you're looking to change the defaults for a whole series, there's a tool that'll set them all at once for you - https://www.pastatool.com/

I'm not seeing where you change the combination. Which area? The entire show, season, episode, what?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Khablam posted:

In plex, click on any episode and the option should be there if it's got multiple audio tracks

If your library is set to english, and some subs are marked english, it'll auto select subtitles when you change it

Using pasta, you have to navigate through to a specific episode to give you the track options, then the option above will select what it applies changes to

Set like this every episode will use Japanese audio and english subs

I get that per-episode, but is there a way to go “download this entire season with foreign audio and English subs”? Or does that just happen automatically if it’s set as the default playback option?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Are people using Docker to run Plex on a Synology? I'm installing the binary directly on-NAS right now, but it's annoying to keep updating it.

e: Synology is running a Watchtower container already for other Docker content

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 17, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Warbird posted:

I used to do that but moved to the app package as I could never get hardware transcoding to place nice with the Docker Plex.

You know, I think I tried it and hit this problem as well. I seem to remember containerizing Plex and then undoing it awhile back.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Tea Bone posted:

It' still changeable but even disabling it entirely doesn't make a difference. Further info if it helps; the video codec is H265 but it's getting transcoded to h264.

edit: I've just created a new ac3 audio stream with tdarr and using that stream everything direct plays so Plex is definitely doing something weird transcoding the video with DTS. It's unideal to convert my entire library so would really like to get to the bottom of what's up with Plex.

This happens to me too on a Synology and I don’t know why.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
My searches in Sonarr are unbelievably loving slow. Like 5 minutes to get results in a manual search.

I have Jackett and NZBHydra2 linked to Sonarr. Jackett has about 10 sources, but only two are "passed" to Sonarr. NZBHydra has two sources. Sonarr has only those three sources in the "Indexers" tab (the two from Jackett and the one "macro-source" from NZBHydra).

Is there a guide on how to correctly set up these services such that searching isn't so slow? I assume Sonarr is searching all sorts of garbage that's completely irrelevant and I haven't configured it correctly, but I'm not sure how to check.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 23, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Linuxserver.io has some Docker containers you can pull that are pre-co figured for the Arrs. You just need to import your user information and folder locations you want.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have a show I set to auto-delete after watching. Right now, there are no episodes (hence, no poster or anything). How can I turn off the auto delete without having content?

If I added the content back, it would give me the option, but is there a way to do it when there's no media file available?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
When I named folders with the year and IMDB number it solved 100% of my match issues.

e,g, Da Best Show (2019) {imdb-tt9817980}

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

deong posted:

Exactly this. Since it said advance at the top I didn't catch the red x vs green check. Its there, Thanks for humoring me!

I do for episodes:
code:
{Series TitleYear} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {absolute:000} - {Episode CleanTitle} [{Custom Formats }{Quality Full}]{[MediaInfo VideoDynamicRangeType]}[{MediaInfo VideoBitDepth}bit]{[MediaInfo VideoCodec]}[{Mediainfo AudioCodec} { Mediainfo AudioChannels}]{MediaInfo AudioLanguages}{-Release Group}
season folder:
code:
Season {season:00}
and main folder:
code:
{Series TitleYear} {imdb-{ImdbId}}
never had a match issue and I can do a hard rebuild if I need and won’t lose any information.

e: and if you need a manual match for some reason, just name the show/movie folder the same way and everything picks it up correctly.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 17, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

That Works posted:

Ok so my Sonarr is already set up like this and all new series get renamed like this but my older content doesn't change. Any way to force Sonarr into renaming the rest of the /media/tv/ folder? I followed the trash guides setting this up when I revamped everything recently.

“Move” the library to the same folder in Sonarr

e: mass editor > root folder

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Can’t you just force a metadata grab / library update from Plex?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
???

looks there to me on 3.0.10.1567

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

On a similar thread, does anyone have a good approach to normalizing audio across shows? We have a playlist of “infinitely rewatch-able shows” that we throw on when we want something as much as background noise as to actually watch. However, it’s really annoying how much the loudness of some shows (or even some seasons) varies.

Doesn’t Plex have a setting for this? Reduce Loud Sounds or similar?

E: or transcode it with ffmpegs compressor

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#dynaudnorm

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 1, 2023

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I had an audio codec problem with AppleTV playback even though my speakers could handle it. Switching my encoder fixed it, the audio transcoding hosed everything up. No DTS, Atmos, etc.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

teagone posted:

SRT formatted subs.

:chloe:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a way to make Plex signal back to Sonarr to unmonitored an episode once it's watched?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

buglord posted:

Does there exist some master guide to Handbrake and what settings produce the best results with the smallest file sizes for Blu-rays? Also ideally this guide would assume I know nothing about Handbrake and what the difference between H.264 and H.265 and what fastest vs slowest presets mean. I see a lot of Youtube guides about these things but they never do any comparisons of their results vs native vs other popular settings so I basically have to take them at their word.

H265, but otherwise, it's a quality/file-size ratio, which is up to you. I would do some of the 10-second encodes in a few settings if you're not sure. Fast and slow have to do with quality to encoding speed. You can encode a "better" video with fewer artifacts on slow, but it takes loving forever to do so.

The easy way is to just go 265 and use the quality slider where you like it.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
weekly reminder to name your media folder with imdb numbers so you can rematch on another platform without issue

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Motronic posted:

And what platform are you using that is so dumb about matching that you need to do that?

Plex, obviously

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Not sure where to ask, but if I'm using yt-dlp with sponsorblock (yt-dlp --sponsorblock-remove X) -- how do I remove multiple elements? Like remove sponsor, intermission, and selfpromo.

I tried reading the API docs but I can't parse how to use it with yt-dlp

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

EVIL Gibson posted:

You can mark the sections as chapters instead and hit double right to skip.

You use sponsorblock-mark instead of sponsorblock-remove

You will not get an offer but you'll be able to skip the rest of the 1:30 minute in-video sponsor

So if you do SponsorBlock-mark intro it will keep the intro but flag it for skipping in Plex, like a TV show intro?

e: actually, I stood up a TubeSync container and it seems to work, except the SponsorBlock portion, though I have everything checked in the settings and the download works correctly when running yt-dlp --sponsorblock on the CLI. Is there something I need to configure in TubeSync?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 6, 2024

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

kri kri posted:

I use Tubearchivist for channels and playlists, and metube for one offs. Both containers on unraid.

Is this the best Youtube PVR around now? I installed TubeSync but it has a bunch of issues.

My only reqs are like:

1) Plex can read the folder without all sorts of dumb poo poo and workarounds
2) Support for Sponsorblock and basic remuxing (like the yt-dlp cli)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What streaming stick do people use for on-the-go Plex watching? I had an Amazon fire stick but it's been shitted up with ads and sponsored content and dumb poo poo I don't care about. Roku?

I'm just using it for watching plex and maybe like YouTube. I don't care about streaming services and it's just for travel (I use an AppleTV at home). If AirPlay support existed it would be nice, but not required.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have a docker container on a Synology NAS that updates some Sonarr config things. However, I need to manually pass a (sudo) command to docker through the CLI when I want to update (sudo docker exec..)

What's the best way to have this command run automatically every day at a specific time?

e: also because I have to SSH in to run commands and I don't want to leave that open so I have to turn it on and back off each time

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 21, 2024

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Tatsuta Age posted:

sudo crontab -e

that's it, that's all ya gotta do

Command not found. Is there a way to set up a script or something through the UI, such that I can manage these items without needing to constantly open and close SSH? Like a way to write some commands I want in a .sh file and shove that on a drive somewhere to have the NAS run at some interval?

IUG posted:

Can’t you just add your user to the “docker” group to avoid sudo?

How do I know what user docker execs as? I have some containers I pass PUID and PGID but I don't know how those relate to a specific user and how to find/set them otherwise

This is what I get now when I run as non-sudo but I don't know how to tell the perms I need:

Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get "http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.24/containers/recyclarr/json": dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 21, 2024

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I guess what I’m asking is that I don’t know which user docker executes as, since there’s no user groups I see impacting docker in my Synology user/group settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Matt Zerella posted:

If this is recyclarr it's got built in cron inside of the container. Trying to automate this by firing a command into the docker and potentially breaking the implementation on a device meant to be used with a GUI is an exercise in futility. I'm trying to help here by saying this is not the right way to go about this!

I see the docs how it asks for docker compose up -d to start in cron mode, but how do I implement this? Docker compose isn't a command the CLI recognizes. I just want this to update daily without any intervention. Is this a variable I call out in my compose yml? I can't pass up -d through an exec either.

When I view the environment vars in DSM it lists CRON_SCHEDULE @daily but I don't know if that means it's running daily or if its just holding that timeframe waiting for some type of launch parameter.

other people posted:

Pull the latest image and recreate the container. Not having to janitor the packages inside the container is kinda what makes containers so useful and easy.

I already have Watchtower to update containers but it only runs when there's a new release of something.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 22, 2024