Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Oh nice now I'll be able to choose between the regular Super Mario Bros. Movie and The Morton-Jankel Cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

That is really neat, thanks for sharing!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I've been very impressed with plexamp and someday when I have time I want to get a nice touchscreen/rpi/dac/enclosure so I don't have to use a phone to play from it on my stereo.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hadn't found one yet, but haven't looked hard. I would want basically an HTPC case with a screen on it, not something that looked like your typical "raspberry pi touchscreen + case" maker contraption.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Not sure how feasible it would be to do with PlexAmp, but I used to use a cheap phone/tablet with a 1/8" out plugged in to speakers with Spotify as the remote control. Worked fairly well and I don't see why it wouldn't work with PlexAmp. I guess it just depends on how highly integrated you want it to be?

My stereo is on a bookshelf in the main room of our house, so it's pretty visible. I'm looking for something somewhat polished.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I can't seem to get my plex DVR (HDHomerun Tuner) to recognize that it should record the new night court. It shows the little "record" icon in the guide, but nothing recorded today, and it says "No upcoming airings" even though If I skip ahead in the guide it shows the recording icon on the next episode.

I thought maybe there was a conflict with the old series, but no change after I renamed everything there "Night Court (1984)". Very annoying!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

What database is used for that?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah kids TV is almost always designed to be shown as a double episode block and those episodes never get separated, but tvdb people have always been obsessed with binding them into one and it drives everyone mad.

It's so dumb.

Even dumber: when ripping rugrats dvds, they have the paired segments in one dvd title with two chapters. That sounds great, except that they show the credits after each segment! You have to rip them together as E01-E02, edit out the extra credits, and (I don't do this, but I wish I had) re-mark the chapters.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bing Crosby - Aliens Exist

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I bought the plexpass for the hdhomerun integration, and was delighted when I learned about plexamp. I use both, and they both work very well!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yeah I don’t generally bring my phone with me into the tv room. I use the built in plex app on my Vizio TV. I’m sure it helps that I just watch dvd rips or local channels via network tuner. For those uses the tv app is fine.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I back up most things to backblaze nightly, and everything to a portable drive that I store at my friend's house. I'm planning on getting a second portable drive so I can easily swap out the one he keeps at his place. I don't backup my plex content to backblaze, but I do include it on the portable drives.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

My stuff is all ripped from DVDs.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Plexamp is awesome. Great CarPlay functionality.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I used android from the G1 to the Pixel 2 and swapped to an iPhone when there was nothing wrong with my pixel 2, yet it stopped receiving security updates. I thought it was garbage that I couldn’t continue safely using my phone which was otherwise perfectly functional. Meanwhile my wife was using the same iPhone she had had for like 4 years and it was still getting the latest updates.

Switching to an ios device was kind of like moving from Florida. You don’t really realize how much better things can be until you’ve gone ahead and made the change. You’d gotten so used to living with your situation that some of the downsides stopped registering as such. People still where you were can’t comprehend why you made the switch because they too are blind to what’s holding them back. It’s not worth trying to convince them, they’ll just make excuses for why it’s not that bad, actually.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

prom candy posted:

Complex home theatre setups are cool because on movie night with your spouse you can start the movie, and then two minutes in you can pause it and turn to them and say "does it sound right to you? are you hearing anything coming out of the rears?" and then they go "it sounds fine to me, i don't know what you're talking about" and then you go "hang on, one sec" and you walk over to the rears and then you start the movie again and you're not hearing anything and then you pause it and you go "gently caress it's not working right hold on" and you start going into the plex settings to see if it's outputting the right signal and then you pull out your phone to look up how to show the diagnostic screen on your AVR settings and your spouse says "it honestly sounds fine to me, let's just watch it" but you spent thousands of dollars on all this stuff and you secretly like loving around with it more than you like watching movies anyways and in the end you say "hang on i need to go see if i can find a different release of this, it should only take about 15 minutes" and your spouse ends up watching Love is Blind on their laptop

Same but scaling settings on my framemeister when watching laserdiscs

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Mine is household-only. We use Plexamp via CarPlay when we’re out and about but that’s through tailscale.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I remember downloading all of the Zelda cartoon in realmedia format and using a program called TINRA (this is not real anymore) to convert it to mpg. Then I burned it onto video cds.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I back up everything but video to backblaze, and I have two 16tb easystores that I back everything up to. (Only 12tb capacity in my NAS right now.) one easystore is at a friends house, and I trade it out for a fresher backup every now and then.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I have never used an *arr application. What property does the arr suffix indicate? Same developers? Common interface? Are they related in any way beyond the last syllable of their name?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

What does “same framework” mean? Like they work well together because they share conventions that allow different actions to be performed on files in predictable ways without interfering with each other?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Neat, thanks!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

RIP locast

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ask me how I curated 10,000 music videos for my pseudo MTV channels.

(A: far too manually and headache inducing! But a good subject for YouTube so I’ll be putting something together soon)

I will watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I can't wait for my sabbatical later this year so I can hopefully resume work on my similar project.