Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
CPU Games:
Dio #1 Florida vs Penn State
ZSB #12 Missouri @ #22 Florida State
Cletus #8 Miss St @ #5 Texas
Mario (AP) Arkansas @ #25 Boston College
Zimbo #7 LSU vs #23 Wisconsin
AfterFather #13 Kentucky @ #2 Georgia :911:

Byes:
Kancho (AP) #9 South Carolina
Texas (AP) #20 Auburn

---

#8 Miss St starts the season strong with a dominating win over #5 Texas, 35-10. Texas lost their star running back for the season to injury midway through the game - so heartbreaking.

RB Josh Robinson making everyone quickly forget about our departed Heisman winner, going for 165 yards on 21 carries for 4 TD (long of 84), and picking up another 120+ through the air. And MLB Benadrick McKinney adds another 11 tackles to his career count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm not seeing any user games, maybe he was just r2aing.

Looks like yours is the last non-AP game to go though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Texas, when can you play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Im on now, sorry short notice.
Hey sorry, wish I could have played tonight but I'd already been playing for a while before you got on.

Since you'll be away this weekend, Monday? I could possibly wake up early if you were in the mood for an early morning game tomorrow too.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Yeah itll have to be monday, i get up super early for work.
What times work for you tomorrow night? Sometime around 7pm Eastern would be best for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'll be on like 8-11pm
I'll be on at 8.

I might have to pause during the game for a minute or two, got a FreshDirect delivery window of 6-8pm and sometimes they show up a little late.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#2 Miss St over #17 Auburn, 41-38.

Auburn started out quick with a 14-0 lead after a punt return TD, but Miss St found their rhythm and turned it into a shoot-out. Game winning field goal left 1 second on the clock.

My best passing game in the SEC dynasty. Prescott goes 11/12 for 223 yards and 1 TD. Robinson rushes for 165 yards and 3 TD and gets a 4th TD through the air. Even with those stats, it came down to the wire.

Good game Wreckus!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
:siren: First time ranked #1 in a goon dynasty!

Will get my game in this evening, I was going to knock it out this morning before work but I decided to quit out in the 1st quarter and get to work on time.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 Miss St over #2 LSU, 35-21

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Miss St. It's taking you twice the carries to get 100 and 3 TDs more than I. Todd Gurley is truly unstoppable. Don't make me put up 700yds 10TDs per game.
but can he do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y33JN-HL1fM

I wish it showed that I audibled into that, I called a running play but it looked like they were coming with a blitz.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

You call that a highlight lol? If EA would allow me I'd download some of my best - by my backup HB.
Hey man, baby steps.

I wish everyone weren't dropping out of the dynasties right as I am starting to get better! Are you doing Madden after this, or another sports game?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Man the next two weeks will be brutal.

Missouri followed by Kentucky.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I guess we also play our SEC game cletus. Maybe can do 2 games tomorrow or we can shoot for Wednesday evening.
Tonight will be fine for me to knock out at least one of them. Hopefully both but I don't want to push it with the wife since I have 3 user games this week and she only seems to notice when I get user games bunched up. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Same sorta boat, trying not to alienate my gf with too many games in one night haha. Wednesday let's aim to get this game in prb close to the same time.
Should be fine for me. I'll let you know if something comes up.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll be on in 10-15 and we can knock this SEC tilt out.
Cool, I'm online now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

My team is capable but I have not been. Tied 28-28 going into the 4th I finished the game like I started with INTs. Passing game never got going and well just wasn't my game. GG cletus MSU over Mizzou 38-28.
Good game - it was a little sloppy, but exciting the whole way. I was fiercely trying to keep the ball away from DGB and that paid off pretty well. Miss St is now I believe at a 12 win home game streak.

You stayed in it pretty much the entire game even with the INTs. Still can't get over that 98 yard rush!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

4-2-5 base alignment is just bad against stretch zone plays, if that saftey gets sealed and the WR holds the block its a big run every time. That's the second time I've had a 98 yd rush out of the same formation. Totally thought I was done after that INT only to have my hope reignited. 4 turnovers are just hard to overcome.
Yeah, I just wasn't expecting that and I was still shell-shocked from throwing that pick when I should have been able to put the game out of reach right there. I don't know what I was thinking calling a pass play there - I felt like I was relying too heavily on the run game even though that was the exact time when I shouldn't have worried about that.

John Brown posted:

Someone take out Kentucky please.
It's going to be THE GAME OF THE CENTURY next week, #1 vs #2.

drat, looks like I already have the West locked, unless Arky makes a return.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Alright AF, looks like it's time for our big game. When can you play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
What was the last we had heard from Kancho and mario? Are we not expecting them to make a return?

John Brown posted:

Go Bulldogs!
Thanks for the support!!!!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GG Kentucky

#2 Kentucky over #1 Miss St, 31-28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwHNn8jhpRI

Man, I feel like I should have gotten this play reviewed! :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

There's one team Kentucky would fall to :colbert:
Yep, Miss St in the SECCG!

And maybe again in the BCSCG!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I can take over.

Hope everything works out dude.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Dio, Mario isn't returning, so you should go ahead and remove him from the dynasty.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I have no plans to quit any of the dynasties. I'd join even more of them.

I would definitely want to reboot if we'd be able to get more people to join that won't otherwise due to the coach XP bug.

If not, then the only real reason I'd want to reboot is to get the upcoming season's rosters. But I would be fine with any decision.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
If it's the difference between JB playing and not playing, I have grown to enjoy Miss St enough where it wouldn't kill me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, awesome, because I would LOVE to get to play with LSU's first #7 since the Honey Badger. :)

When do the roster magicians usually get them out?

Also, this is just a general game question - when I play an online ranked game, I have real names. I had gotten a roster a long time ago. Does my opponent also see the same names, or do both players have to have the same roster loaded for that to happen? Always been curious about how that works.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

If anyone has roster suggestions or wants to do the rosters, let me know. I'm going to roll with the Gators again.
If there's anything I can do to help with rosters, I am definitely willing to pitch in. I'm not sure what the process is or what distinguishes "our" rosters from the kinds I would normally find on my own.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Seeing as I'll be taking TAMU I'd vote to keep the current rosters. I have yet to touch Johnny Football and it would be my greatest joy to unleash him against all of you.
Not a huge deal to me if I just play with the new rosters in an offline dynasty. As good as I'm hoping Fournette will be, I can't say I wouldn't feel more comfortable with ODB/Landry/Hill on the field.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Can't wait to see what Georgia does to Notre Dame.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
omg i've missed you guys so much

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
UK and UGA are both in the East, so that match-up couldn't happen anyway. I'm sure JB will be rooting for me again in the rematch, hoping to sneak into the BCSCG if I can get the win.

Kansas State, the only undefeated CPU team, still has #16 Texas and #14 TCU to play. Would like to see them get knocked off for the possibility of an all-SEC BCSCG.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like Missouri and Kentucky still need to play.

Auburn also has a game, but I'm not sure if Wreckus is going to play it or just wait for the restart to get active again.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Kentucky vs Miss St for the SEC Title coming soon. I suspect winner may catapult themselves into a game with Georgia. Which would nastily bump me from a BCS game thanks to losing early in the season.
Still hoping for Kansas State (CPU, #1 ranked) to lose a game - next opponent is Texas, who are now unranked, but that's followed with a game with #9 TCU.

Right now #2 to #6 are user teams across all three rankings. I'm interested to see how the bowl games turn out.

My internet has been out for 24+ hours now, TWC has a service outage in my area and I guess it is a major issue for it to take this long to address. Hopefully I can get my game in tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Miss St r2a.

Egg Bowl not as much fun without Piper. Crushed Ole Miss 63-3.

Robinson has to have the Heisman on lock now, if he hadn't already. Rushed for 218 yards and 5 TDs, with another 40 yards and 1 TD through the air, so 6 total TD in the game.

QB Prescott had a killer 47 yard rushing TD, backup HB Milton got a 101 yard return TD, and CB Paul got a pick 6. One of the most dominating games I've played against the CPU.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

G-Tech was a little feisty but they caved in the end. We're r2a
What happened to Gurley? I've noticed he hasn't been rushing many times per game lately. Injury or just playing with your other guys while you have the chance?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Alright, let's get to the SECCG rematch!

I'm also a bit bummed about restarting with this recruiting class. #2 ranked class right now with 3 5*, and at least one more that's a sure thing right now. This team would be insane next season.

But I am looking forward to repeating the recruiting success with LSU for sure. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey AF, I will have time to play tonight after my game with ZSB if you'll be around. Would need to start by 9pm Eastern though at the latest.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wow, so Kansas State ended up losing their last two games, so the SEC has spots #1-4 and #6 in the rankings.

JB might get the chance to get revenge for the CPU-controlled loss against Kentucky, though obviously I am hoping that doesn't happen!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I wont get off of work until 11 PM Eastern so if you're willing to wait that late we can play tonight.
If I'm able to play that late I'll let you know, but it's pretty unlikely.

What's your schedule like tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Let me know if mornings might work for you, unless you're not going to have a late night tonight (tonight I'm gold from 7pm - 10pm Eastern). I'm out of town for the weekend starting Friday afternoon, so hoping to get our game played before then. Wednesday and Thursday night may both be tough for me.

• Locked thread