Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

And now the SEC East is mine for the taking...

You also completely put me to shame :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Effectively that makes it only 4 players left playing. This dynasty is likely dead at this point. gently caress.

Whatever just means we move faster, theoretically.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Ready whenever you are Dio.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I'll play my game tonight and advance us then

Thats what I meant haha

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Z, you and I play this coming week. I'm advancing right now. Is Thursday night okay for you?

Games:
UK vs UL
UF vs Mizzou
UGA vs Miami
Aub vs Miss St

Thursday night is probably not going to work for me, I work until late which basically gets me home when you're about to zonk out. Maybe we can shoot for later Sunday afternoon, I'm going to MotoGP this weekend which is going to soak up a bunch of my free time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio, I'll be at Moto GP all tomorrow so maybe tomorrow evening. If not I can set aside some time Monday night. Or whatever later in the week been busy for me lately.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Monday night works for me if you want.

Let's book it for 9 EST if that's cool with you.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Z, I'll be on by 910 at the latest, just started eating dinner

lol came here to post the same.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I ended up playing some serious bend and don't break defense with 2 red zone 4th down stops, one coming on the 1 yard line. You had plenty of offense just didn't end up converting which I managed to do each time I got close. Offense was kinda meh, but it got the job done, so many sacks and broken tackles.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Infuriating last second loss to MSU makes me rage quit. I'll get it in, but won't be today. Def before Friday tho.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

DGB does things enroute to a 56-21 whipping of vandy. Also many ints.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You call that a highlight lol? If EA would allow me I'd download some of my best - by my backup HB.

I will have time this afternoon/evening or tomorrow later afternoon to play our game buddy. Time to find out if I take over the SEC East before you bow out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Based on our teams' ratings, you don't stand a chance. It looks like recruiting has not gone well for you. I'm not sure if I can play tonight so look for me to post here this evening. I'd like to leave my weekend nights/afternoons open so if we don't end up playing tonight then let's try for Sunday morning.

By the ratings you should have blown me out last season but I lead by 4 going into the 4th. So...just have to see how it plays out, this Mizzou team has some quality offensive players.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Any chance you could play at 6pm CT?

In the middle of chores and noticed this a little late, what about 7 or 7:30 CT?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Yea that's fine.

See you about 7:15.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

GA over Mizzou 38-21. We were tied at 21 going into the second half but the Tigers' offense forgot to come back out.

I gotta admit that MLB I have is speedy and definitely used his quickness to play catch up on those INTs.

GG, ZSB

Had a lot of opportunities, moving the ball wasn't the problem. Red zone INTs basically made the margin. I was in it until the middle of the 4th. Oh well.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Ya...we just drafted at a completely unnecessary position.

Doug Free is an awful tackle why are you complaining?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I guess we also play our SEC game cletus. Maybe can do 2 games tomorrow or we can shoot for Wednesday evening.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Tonight will be fine for me to knock out at least one of them. Hopefully both but I don't want to push it with the wife since I have 3 user games this week and she only seems to notice when I get user games bunched up. :)

Same sorta boat, trying not to alienate my gf with too many games in one night haha. Wednesday let's aim to get this game in prb close to the same time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Should be fine for me. I'll let you know if something comes up.

I'll be on in 10-15 and we can knock this SEC tilt out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

My team is capable but I have not been. Tied 28-28 going into the 4th I finished the game like I started with INTs. Passing game never got going and well just wasn't my game. GG cletus MSU over Mizzou 38-28.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Good game - it was a little sloppy, but exciting the whole way. I was fiercely trying to keep the ball away from DGB and that paid off pretty well. Miss St is now I believe at a 12 win home game streak.

You stayed in it pretty much the entire game even with the INTs. Still can't get over that 98 yard rush!

4-2-5 base alignment is just bad against stretch zone plays, if that saftey gets sealed and the WR holds the block its a big run every time. That's the second time I've had a 98 yd rush out of the same formation. Totally thought I was done after that INT only to have my hope reignited. 4 turnovers are just hard to overcome.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I had a drat fine showing against UK last year so maybe I can still manage to get to 10 wins in the regular season with a good game against AF. But I've basically eliminated myself from title contention with my losses already.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I do declare my Mizzou team capable, only question is will I be?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I guess Dio maybe consider finding a temp commish if you're gonna be MIA for a while?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I find myself recruiting for this team knowing that I won't be here next season. That, my friends, is an addiction.

There's not a chance that this game is backwards compatible with the XOne is it?

Nope the hardware specs are totally incompatible. I don't think anything is going to be backwards compatible :( I'd love it if they could release a patch for a graphical enchancement on the XB1 but that's just a pipe dream.

I'm around on these dynasties until they are killed. So count me in for whatever, a next season or a reboot. If we reboot though I want the Vols.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

poo poo I'm prepared to redo the rosters for a 2015 version.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Okay, awesome, because I would LOVE to get to play with LSU's first #7 since the Honey Badger. :)

When do the roster magicians usually get them out?

Also, this is just a general game question - when I play an online ranked game, I have real names. I had gotten a roster a long time ago. Does my opponent also see the same names, or do both players have to have the same roster loaded for that to happen? Always been curious about how that works.

So basically for ranked games it just applies the names from your named roster and applies them to the default EA server rosters. You see it they won't. Not the same ones anyway. Regardless changes aren't reflected.

I've done most of the adjusting personally after I got named rosters in terms of position adjustments and replacements. I think the B1G dynasty and maybe this one as well as the ACC are running off of rosters I personally adjusted. So that would take me a little bit.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I did not even realize. I'll try and play that today, but it might be Sunday before I can get to it.

e: maybe Sunday, if not def Monday sorry for the slowness being gone 1 day of the weekend kills chores time.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 15, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll try and actually finish the game tonight. Was way too toasty to actually finish the other times I tried last night.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Not tonight, but def before the end of the week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I've talked with the Capn, but it didn't sound like he was likely to have the time with 2 kids to return anytime soon.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'd like to try and do this Wednesday, maybe Tuesday night. But otherwise it'll have to wait till next week sorry guys.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

How late can you stay up? I wont be able to play until at least 10:30 PM Central.

That may be possible, just have to see how I'm doing today. I'll post up tonight around then if I can play.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AF, maybe an hour if you can do it then? 1130 CT?

e: I guess not tonight. Maybe tomorrow, if not then next Monday or later.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 2, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

Hey it's Monday. Want to try for around 10:30 PM tonight?

Having just flown in from a weekend away, tomorrow night will probably be the better time. But I can definitely do it then tomorrow.

If that changes I'll let you know but I doubt I'm gonna be up to play tonight.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tonight or no?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

Yeah lets go tonight.

See you 1030 CT, earlier or later?

E: any chance to play between 7-8 ct?

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 10, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

I can make it at 10:30 pm. I'll still be at work at 7-8.

e: Slow start ruined UK's chances of keeping their undefeated season alive as Mizzou turned a 24-7 halftime lead into a 34-21 victory. Game's big moment came at the end of the third where I got a 4th down stop and then scored 3 plays later before the quarter expired to put me up by 20 instead of 13. Another score there from UK instead and this probably comes down to the final possession.

Figured this team was good for at least 1 upset, but the SEC East is still UK's to claim.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll aim to play it tomorrow or Saturday.

Kentucky vs Miss St for the SEC Title coming soon. I suspect winner may catapult themselves into a game with Georgia. Which would nastily bump me from a BCS game thanks to losing early in the season.

• Locked thread