Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I like style 32s but own two sets of style 5s.

Which look even better with the meshie cap. Timeless cars look better with mesh wheels for some reason. Can't wait, just gotta finish polishing the barrels on them so I can put then on the big coupe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
^^Most definitely this!

I6 cars sound amazing, and the m42 is a buzzy, finicky power plant. If it's an m10, it'll just be slow, and almost bulletproof.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

PNP Megasquirt

Aren't you in Phoenix? We could make an MS harness in a weekend if we really really really work hard at it.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Yeah, Scottsdale. I want a PNP kit so I can pop the stock ECU back in without an issue while I work out the bugs tuning. Have you run MS before?

Not on an m42 car.
I've done over 20 installs on various makes and models. Right now at home I have my Volvo 242 ms'd as well as my dad's turbo 76 280z. There's another 6 local cars running either my harnesses or my tunes in AZ.
Doing my 635csi this winter, and hopefully an ITB N/A build on the integra I just got.

doogle posted:

Can't you just make a jumper harness that converts the stock wiring harness to the megasquirt connectors? (Like this but for megasquirt)

Jumper harness only work on very specific setups. MS activates things by grounding them, where as VTEC solenoids get +12v from the ecu, or how many Nissan's have +12v at the injectors regardless of key position (even off), which can damage the MS ecu.

This is why the diypnp and PNP setups usually have a special board to handle relaying power or inverting signals/drivers.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Oooooo purdy!

What're you using for a 3D scanning setup?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

This is so awesome!

Has the technology gotten to the point where it is pretty easy to deal with the scanner's data? Another guy and I gave this a shot about 4-5 years ago but the conversion from point cloud to mesh, with a reasonable amount of accuracy in a low cost setup was just not there.

Are you using it for engine mockup? We wanted it for exhaust manifold design in a couple of 1uz swapped ae86's. We never made it that far though.

Speaking of accuracy/precision, what tolerance does it have? At another shop, I was picking up the front of engines with a faro arm knock off to design supercharger bracketry. Is this accurate enough for this?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

rscott, that car sounds awesome!

I would get an aftermarket parallel flow condenser, make some simple brackets to mount it, and then have custom lines made for the compressor and condenser. Custom lines aren't too expensive actually.
You could also check out coldhose.com if you don't have a local place that could make the hoses.

I'm considering finding an e30 to drop this cammed s50b30 I have instead of making another barely legal race car... I'd buy something from not-the-southwest so that the paint and interior isn't hosed though.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Goddamn... The more I think of it the more I want an e30 with my s50b30.

Too bad they're so roached out here because of the drat sun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Party Alarm posted:

Only thing I haven't played with yet is the ebrake assembly, but right now I have working 5 lug rear with e36 m3 discs and calipers

Did you just press in the hubs as well?

Because if so, looks like I won't be making poo poo on my e36 m3 since I'll be keeping most of the goodies.

• Locked thread