Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Lightbulb Out posted:

Who else have gods true chariot, an E30, on the forums? I know myself, Beach Bum, Party Alarm, Moxie Alarm, aventari....

I finally reglassed the bumper over Christmas, just waiting for it to warm up so I can respray it with some Imola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Beach Bum posted:

Pre-Facelift divingboard E30s for lyfe :c00l::respek::c00l:
Yes, gently caress the haters. I know this will cause a schism like that we were trying to avoid on the big BMW thread but big bumpers for lyfe :hfive:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Lightbulb Out posted:

Anyone else been doing some fun E30 stuff?
No pictures because I'm currently out of town but my e30 hasn't moved in 3 weeks. My jbwelded oil pan gave up after 2 years and is seeping oil. Doesn't help that the vcg on #1 is pissing oil as well. :(

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
A shop I want.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
M20 timing belt diy. Easier/just as/harder as e36 vanos stuff? I really don't need to do it, the current one has <15k on it, put on by PO when he swapped the m20 about 3 years ago. Just have gdcs, with exception of thermostat and pump, out to yank the pan and replace it. I do have a tensioner and belt, as well as the cam and intermediate seals, on hand.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I have the usual e36 32mm fan wrench. Same?

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
trip report on powerflex rear beam bushes: do it.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
jesus, party alarm.

E30 question guys. 4cyl pre facelift with a 6cyl swap. Can't get the cooling system to bleed. The expansion tank is on the driver fender and kinda just rests there, has since I bought the car with the swap. What do I need to do to bleed it?

Also, valve adjustments are tits. Also also gently caress doing timing belts and water pumps on the m20, the m50 actually makes sense.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Moxie Omen posted:

The thermostat housing should have a bleed screw?

Indeed. Parked uphill, hot, let the bleed screw go with all the hoses tight. Never stopped bleeding and it never blew hot. I've bled plenty of x5xs fine which is why I'm asking here.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

I need to read up on the S50 swap more but I've got one sitting in WI that I should just send down and use.
I made up a spreadsheet that's pretty handy.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17tDf7ZFItZsQerkoul4gXguYDs4SYvjuzctaWC7fmvU/edit?usp=sharing

Just noticed your motorsport handles party alarm, goddamn.

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 6, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

revmoo posted:

Holy poo poo that car is cherry. Haven't seen an uncracked E30 dash in a long time.

The next time you're in Atlanta, I can show you some poo poo.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

8ender posted:

There exists some special place in between the rust belt and hot sun cooking your paint and trim belt where perfect old BMWs roam. Is it Atlanta?

:shh: a garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

You missed me sliding the M5 around Tail of the Dragon in the rain. That thing going to be at the Spring Brodeo?

I'm hoping to have my e30 ready. I think it needs a head gasket. :smithicide:

• Locked thread