Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Lightbulb Out posted:

Who else have gods true chariot, an E30, on the forums? I know myself, Beach Bum, Party Alarm, Moxie Alarm, aventari....

I made the mistake of selling my old euro 325ix for peanuts when I was sure the ECU was dead. I miss that car, nothing has ever been as fun to drive in the snow.

I keep trying to find a solid e30 to daily, but such a thing doesn't really exist anymore around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Party Alarm posted:

I'd go from a 330lb motor to a 450lb one :/

Is your m52 aluminium block? The m60 is lighter than the iron block 24v motors.

Personally I'd stick with the m52. I know 2 guys who started e30 m60 swaps. One gave up and the other one is still gathering parts. There is a lot more crap to deal with for BMW v8 swaps. Brake booster, subframe and exhaust clearance to steering rack are a few I'm aware of. All the 24v stuff is so well documented and painless. M60s are giant fuckoff motors that don't really fit well.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It's not often you can get e30m3 stuff, but is that really worth like 2k on top of e30 non-M GC suspension? I'm not super knowledgeable about the m3 stuff, only thing I know is that it's 5-lug.

• Locked thread