Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Where is this BMW recycler at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Don't sell it.... it can't be that awful to insure?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I am always jealous of your driveway. 80's german tech at its finest!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Style 32s look best on the bigger cars, almost perfect on 8 series.

E30s just look right with BBS wheels.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Nothing sounds more terrifying than a high torque motor in a light weight car.

Do it:getin:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
As cool as the m60 would be in an E30 this is the one time where LSx motor swap actually makes sense. Plus if you find an aluminum block motor its going to be very close in weight.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

crutt posted:

Car in question. Not sure what I would do with it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4761128927.html

I replied back in the BMW thread... But god drat that car looks to be in nice shape. The only big issue on the M30 is the banjo bolts for the oil feed. Over tighten them and they strip out and starve the top end of oil. Otherwise all the issues are well documented and are easy to wrench on. Its the "big block" of BMW 6 bangers and its a pig on fuel is the only downside really. Even if it had the auto it would be a good car, as they are bullet proof too. 5ers of that era can turn 450k with just routine service.

If it was closer I would purchase it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

rscott posted:

I might buy a M52 swapped E30 in the near future but it doesn't currently have the A/C operational. I'm trying to get more details about what AC hardware is present, but generally how hard/how much is it going to cost to get it working? Looks like most people use the E36 compressor and the rest of the hardware from the E30 but I think that requires customs lines.

Best is to get all the poo poo mounted up then take it to a place that can make the lines. That way every thing is in place and they just have to measure, cut and crimp.

• Locked thread