Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

Who else have gods true chariot, an E30, on the forums? I know myself, Beach Bum, Party Alarm, Moxie Alarm, aventari....

Had a Touring with an -is swap before my Subaru. Great car, but had to get something safer for the kids. E30 is still the best BMW for actual driving on roads. All the later stuff has too much weight, complexity, grip and power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Sometimes I think I want an e30. Then I realize I don't hate myself that much. It's like wanting a w8 powered VW. I'd much rather live vicariously through you guys. Also: Jesus loving Christ to that Jag. Are you kidding me?

Plus one on what everyone else is saying. My m42 swap wagon was brilliant and very cheap to run. The only issues the e30 has are generic old car ones, parts are cheap even from bmw and they are super easy to work on, especially the fours. Mine had a brake line coupling corrode out, a few old bits of rubber give up and I broke the sunroof winder handle off. After like 18 years of uk winters. Does that sound like any VAG product ever?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

I have been not motivated at all to work on cars because of winter.

However, my exhaust strap rusted apart and is now rattling on my already rusted apart muffler and rear exhaust. New catbacks online are $300, which seems ridiculous to me. Also, my diff is leaking from the input side. Also, I need to rewire one of the headlight grounds.

At least it was "warm" today :smith:

Fortunately, my friend has a small case 4.10 LSD that I can buy for cheap and swap into it, and then sell.

Jetex do a good value muffler and center silencer for the M42 (used on mine for a year or two with no issues) and seem to do complete systems for the M20 - no idea if they are as good value once they've been shipped to NA.

• Locked thread