Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Lightbulb Out posted:

Finally got the car professionally detailed. It's nice to have it be one color again. The single stage was very oxidized.

It looks fantastic!

How much did it cost you? I really need to do mine or get it done. It's 3 different shades of red now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Debating between a S50/52 or M20 stroker for a possible future project. Thought it was as simple as using some parts from a super eta engine but apparently there's about a million drat ways to do it. Guess I need to figure out how much money I want to spend and how much power I want.

Stroker M20 is going to cost you at least as much as an S50/52 *and* you still have to do valve adjustments every how often. I was on the same line of thinking and was fairly set on the stroker M20 until the last time I had to do the valves and then I said gently caress this lovely loving engine and gently caress these loving valve loving adjusters. It wouldn't be that bad if the brim on the head was 3/4" lower than it is. Just enough to allow you to get the feeler gauges in there at a decent angle rather than having to fight the bastards in there.

And then I found a full M52B28 swap on craigslist for $1200 and that sealed the deal.

• Locked thread