Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Well actually it'll be a three-round unanimous decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Of course it will be a main event. By the time it happens I wouldn't be surprised to see the two countries' militaries involved.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

outy posted:

Turns out that Jon Jones is a goon, he read this thread and it has made him realise the error of his ways. His eye-pokes were accidental, but he admits that he could have prevented them and will endeavour to fight with a greater respect for his opponents in future.
He explains it very succinctly in this video:

I don't know if you can credibly play "u mad bro?" after you're caught internet-stalking a random Swedish teenager for insulting you on twitter, but it is a good effort.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

outy posted:

Turns out that Jon Jones is a goon, he read this thread and it has made him realise the error of his ways. His eye-pokes were accidental, but he admits that he could have prevented them and will endeavour to fight with a greater respect for his opponents in future.

http://youtu.be/gSLL2HCMSXU

Stop it, Jon. You're starting to make me like you.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
hahaaha jon jowns

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

acejackson42 posted:

Edit: I base this all on Wand apparently being one of the nicest guys on the planet

Unless you are a teenager who dares hit him in sparring or a person who dared make eye contact in the roid ragey days between 1999 and 2007.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

outy posted:

He missed a golden opportunity to end the video by saying "I'm the dirtiest player in the game. WOOOO!"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Sprecherscrow posted:

He missed a golden opportunity to end the video by saying "I'm the dirtiest player in the game. WOOOO!"

golden opportunity to roidtech, imo.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

masato tatanka posted:

golden opportunity to roidtech, imo.

This vid could be the new roidtech. Not that we need a new roidtech.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
For the uninitiated, what is happening in the roidtech vid? Looks like a sloppy takedown/float over something or other, but I know next to nothing of who's in the vid or what was attempted.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

BlueArmyMan posted:

For the uninitiated, what is happening in the roidtech vid? Looks like a sloppy takedown/float over something or other, but I know next to nothing of who's in the vid or what was attempted.

roidtech's mysteries are not meant to be solved. It is to be appreciated for what it is.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

BlueArmyMan posted:

it's something of an initiation. it's so loving great and stupid it exists on an abstract plane of mma. it was what overeem / mir was supposed to be; an amalgamation of supreme effort and inevitable uselessness. it is our soul. have patience, grasshopper, you will see it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I mean I don't care about the shoulder crank thing but knowingly and repeatedly trying to rake your opponents eyes isn't really something people just 'complain' about and it's just an expression of the fact that well known and well liked fighters basically can ignore the rules because whatever bald white guy is reffing the fight is just going to yell 'hey close your hands last warning!' ninety times while Jon Jones jams his french manicured bitchtalons into his opponent's eyes. Jose Aldo was literally airborne and holding onto the fence like a looney tune and the ref saw fit to punish him by making a strange animal grunt at him.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

BlueArmyMan posted:

It is UFC/Pride stars Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman, both of whom were highly successful, accomplished collegiate wrestlers, having the most gassy, awful and ineffectual wrestling sparring because they are both 900 years old, not on steroids anymore and evidently had been sparring for upwards of four minutes prior to that video being taken.

acejackson42 posted:

I think the whole Chael-Wanderlei thing comes down to this - these are two guys who are actually good friends outside of the camera and are pranking each other relentlessly leading up to their fight, taking nothing seriously along the way, knowing everyone will believe everything as real because of the TV. TV never ever lies or is set up to look fake. Ever.

Meanwhile, one of them gets hurt legitimately in training. Christ knows which one actually, because for all we know the one hurt is the one calling out the other. Both parties act butthurt as hell all the way. Finally the fight happens.

And then they grapple the poo poo out of each other to a five-round split decision. Huzzah. Both make millions upon millions in PPV revenue from crazy Brazilians and racist rednecks expecting to see a murder on behalf of their guy.

Edit: I base this all on Wand apparently being one of the nicest guys on the planet and Chael making it his personal business to be as entertaining as possible outside of the cage. Completely scientific analysis.

You are very wrong.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

outy posted:

Jon Jones, if you are reading this thread please do more of this. Thank you.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

outy posted:

If Jon just embraced his inner oval office it would change just about everything besides, :ortiz:, the homophobia.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

If Jon just embraced his inner oval office it would change just about everything besides, :ortiz:, the homophobia.

My sarcasm-dar is in the shop. But I agree he would be infinitely more likable if he just embraced the dick.

...except for the homophobia thing.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

BlueArmyMan posted:

It's two old muscle guys "wrestling" but actually they just fall over while one yells "ARgh! Dang it!" That's pretty funny I guess.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It's two old muscle guys "wrestling" but actually they just fall over while one yells "ARgh! Dang it!" That's pretty funny I guess.

These days one is the World's Best (Kinda a Drunk) Dad while the other is a staph infection with legs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Are you kidding? They're slamming people at HAMMERHOUSE like no place else. I've found a clip that is proof! http://goo.gl/yaQkl9

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

outy posted:

shirt off, tongue out

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you kidding? They're slamming people at HAMMERHOUSE like no place else. I've found a clip that is proof! http://goo.gl/yaQkl9

is anyone using this as their ringtone or SMS sound yet?

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
So what are some other fights he's had where "Jon Jones' eye rakes" are a thing? I don't remember it being an issue with him in previous fights, but then again I haven't seen all of them. It'll be a good excuse to actually use UFC Fight Pass, if nothing else.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

obeyasia posted:

is anyone using this as their ringtone or SMS sound yet?

I used to but it scared the poo poo out of my dog and would make him hide under the couch so I had to change it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

So what are some other fights he's had where "Jon Jones' eye rakes" are a thing? I don't remember it being an issue with him in previous fights, but then again I haven't seen all of them. It'll be a good excuse to actually use UFC Fight Pass, if nothing else.

He tried it against Gus but got punched in the face due to Gus' reach being about the same. But he's done it in all his fights to various degrees.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

outy posted:

Jones....Owns?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

coconono posted:

Jones....Owns?

John "Bones" Jones Owns Bones, Jones.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It is known

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really the only things I have against Jon Jones are the PPV he torpedoed and that he uses splayed open fingers to control head movement standing.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Here are some gifs I found...

Shogun
Rampage
Gus
Rashad
Machida

He likes to use his reach to rake his fingers over a fighters face as they come forward which leads to a lot of eye pokes (unless you're Rampage, in which case he's going to eyepoke you just because).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
He literally rakes peoples eyes and/or threatens too in all his fights and abuses his stupid gangly arms. He is a big piece of poo poo who completely flusters peoples stand up game by cheating. If you want fight pass recommendations for fights where he does this, type in Jon Jones into the search bar.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MycroftXXX posted:

Here are some gifs I found...

Shogun
Rampage
Gus
Rashad
Machida

He likes to use his reach to rake his fingers over a fighters face as they come forward which leads to a lot of eye pokes (unless you're Rampage, in which case he's going to eyepoke you just because).

How dumb would it be to grab his wrist and kick the ribs?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

obeyasia posted:

Not everyone at 205 has Dhalsim legs

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Just drop down holding your eyes. Repeat three times and they'll put a belt round your waist.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Someone punch he fingers

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Google Butt posted:

Someone punch he fingers

that's what i'm saying. or headbutt them, that would own more

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

outy posted:

Just drop down holding your eyes. Repeat three times and they'll put a belt round your waist.

Reminder that Michael "The Count" Bisping literally gouged Alan Belcher's eye literally out of his head and was literally rewarded with a literal win.

Also that Michael "The Count" Bisping literally cheated to beat a 40 year old Jorge Rivera and was literally rewarded with a literal win.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Goddamn, I can't loving wait for this. I admit I don't really know to what extent Wandy's playing along to hype the fight vs. actually being pissed, but that's what makes it fun.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
It does not own that Jon Jones is a petty cheater who hates gay people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

obeyasia posted:

Grab his forearm with both hands, pin his palm/splayed fingers against your forehead, then sprawl.

• Locked thread