Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Disgusting Coward posted:

I can't imagine how demoralising it must be to be fighting a dude and you've done as much punching and kicking of him as you can and then he starts grinning at you and doing a gymnastics floor routine and improvising new and violent spins on old schoolyard bullying routines and it's not even Anderson Silva it's some BJJ man who's spent 10 years being gentle in pyjamas and then to top off the sadness you have to go home and be Travis Browne, not just for the medical or the post-fight presser but for the rest of your life.

I don't think you post here often do you? If not you probably should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

The Wide Man's days are numbered.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

And this time he won't be so lucky.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

attackmole posted:

Mark Hunt is an old slow fat dude and yet he also is 10x better at slipping punches than most mma fighters.

god that fight owned

mewse
May 2, 2006

attackmole posted:

Mark Hunt is an old slow fat dude and yet he also is 10x better at slipping punches than most mma fighters.

He has forgotten more about striking than the avg ufc fighter has ever learned

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Lloyd Boner posted:

god that fight owned

man it was so loving tense to be there live, I was ridiculously nervous

emotionally invested in a fat dude itt

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

gimpsuitjones posted:

Now you know what it is like to be a baseball fan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gimpsuitjones posted:

I felt the same way watching it at home. My loving dog hopped in my lap and seemed to ride the roller coaster with me. Mark Hunt loving owns.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Tickets for the Vancouver show go on sale this week, should I bother getting Fight Club or just the newsletter for presale?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Shoota_McG posted:

Tickets for the Vancouver show go on sale this week, should I bother getting Fight Club or just the newsletter for presale?

UFC Returns To Vancouver - Presale This Friday
Starts at 10am PT, Password: CANADA Purchase > UFC VIP Experience >

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

after all these years, roidtech only has 65k veiws.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Pretty impressive though since they've all come from this forum.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

mewse posted:

UFC Returns To Vancouver - Presale This Friday
Starts at 10am PT, Password: CANADA Purchase > UFC VIP Experience >

Thanks, I'll probably just do that instead of paying $75 for the Thursday presale.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

gimpsuitjones posted:

i rewatched it at home and i absolutely agree with the last round being 10-8 mark hunt. if that rat bastard of a referee hadn't called a time out to check the cut on bigfoot's head bigfoot was going to be finished.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mark Hunt is obviously good at punching dudes but is he considered a very technical striker? Or a really hard puncher or both perhaps?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

huh posted:

Mark Hunt is obviously good at punching dudes but is he considered a very technical striker? Or a really hard puncher or both perhaps?

These days, probably both

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Hunt is possibly the hardest hitter at heavyweight, though Nelson and JDS are both in contention for that. But I think Struve's jaw speaks for itself.

But he's not really the Dan Henderson of heavyweight. That's definitely Nelson. Both Nelson and Dan eat shots and rely on their amazing chin and recovery abilities while throwing the same bomb over and over. When that opportunity never comes, they both look pretty awful (see: Nelson versus anyone good, Henderson versus Machida). Hunt's only actually looked bad in one fight and that was before he started training seriously for MMA. He doesn't just wing his right hand. He throws jabs and leg kicks and puts together combinations while changing levels. His kickboxing is legitimately great. And sometimes he even goes for armbars!

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welcome to Fight Pass. You can't. That's normal. Sorta kinda. Welcome to Fight Pass.
Now enjoy the amazing FightLibrary.

Ok thanks for the feedback; will stop searching then :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

DjLando posted:

Ok thanks for the feedback; will stop searching then :)

For posterity: The FightLibrary there is really good, that "amazing" wasn't sarcastig, you're actually getting your money's worth. The thing about FightPass (that isn't the hilarious fuckups here and there)is that it could just be that much better.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

He doesn't just wing his right hand. He throws jabs and leg kicks and puts together combinations while changing levels. His kickboxing is legitimately great. And sometimes he even goes for armbars!

He has a good left hook as well. When he was struggling to put away Bigfoot I was wondering why he wasn't throwing his hook and it turned out the metacarpals on his left hand were broken from hitting the dude too much. Instead, he was throwing goofy right elbows and cutting up Bigfoot really bad.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I feel quite bad for Travis Browne. He just wasn't performing to his potential, especially after accidentally running into Werdum's leg. You put all that effort into a training camp, then have to suffer such a cruel, capricious twist of fate.
The luckier man won.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

mewse posted:

He has a good left hook as well. When he was struggling to put away Bigfoot I was wondering why he wasn't throwing his hook and it turned out the metacarpals on his left hand were broken from hitting the dude too much. Instead, he was throwing goofy right elbows and cutting up Bigfoot really bad.

Hunt's UFC run has made some loving incredible photos

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Mark Hunt's Samoan credentials are unquestionable (start at 5:40):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlsXsR12zw8

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Mr. Nice! posted:

I felt the same way watching it at home. My loving dog hopped in my lap and seemed to ride the roller coaster with me. Mark Hunt loving owns.

I was shitfaced at a bar and was drunkenly trying to explain that the tubby guy with terrible tattoos was actually an excellent striker.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I was shitfaced at a bar and was drunkenly trying to explain that the tubby guy with terrible tattoos was actually an excellent striker.

Yeah I think a lot of people thought it was a 2 man gas

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

outy posted:

I feel quite bad for Travis Browne. He just wasn't performing to his potential, especially after accidentally running into Werdum's leg. You put all that effort into a training camp, then have to suffer such a cruel, capricious twist of fate.
The luckier man won.

Travis Browne has made a career out of people accidentally running into his flailing limbs, so turnabout is fair play.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hunt's UFC run has made some loving incredible photos

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think his tattoos are cool.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i thought that struve picture was cool until i noticed you can see his nosehairs, which grosses me out. It s weird that in a picture where a mans face is being broken with blood flying out of it that I get unnerved by the nosehair, but I do

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Novum posted:

I think his tattoos are cool.

The stuff from his PRIDE days are pretty gnarly.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Dustin Pague was released

Also there's some "big" UFC news coming and it's probably about Gina

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Yuriy posted:

hahahaha

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

for real tho, that girl is real big

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Yuriy posted:

Dustin Pague was released

UFC has been saying that her contract doesn't run out until June and that's when they can sign her.

One piece of news that I don't think has been brought up is Hendo/Cormier has been moved up from UFC 175 to UFC 173 next month. I hope UFC is paying Hendo & Robbie some nice money for taking tough fights after getting punched a hell of a lot in their last matches a few weeks ago.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
who is joe ellenberger

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Yea the big announcement was the hendo Cormier fight being for a title shot and that Silva will probably be back at the end of the year

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Hendo vs DC as UFC 173 co-main event

My life will now be complete as I will witness Hendo live

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Wasn't Gustaffson supposed to be next in line after Manuwa? I guess they're doing this because Hendo is getting old/they've been trying to hype Cormier. Where does that leave Gus now, with a can on a fight pass card or something?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Seltzer posted:

Wasn't Gustaffson supposed to be next in line after Manuwa? I guess they're doing this because Hendo is getting old/they've been trying to hype Cormier. Where does that leave Gus now, with a can on a fight pass card or something?

Gustafsson is still going to fight the winner of Jones/Teixeira, and Hendo/Cormier will fight the winner of that. I'd assume that the Gustafsson fight will be targeted for Labor Day weekend as UFC has tried to book Jones on that card 3 years in a row, and then the next match will go on next year's Super Bowl card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i like that for the upcoming bad fight night, there are seven ranked fighters. between 13 fights. three of them are in the top ten, the highest ranked fighter will be opening the televised prelims, one top ten guy will be headling and the other top ten guy will be on the untelevised prelims. there are no interesting prospects except smolka and maybe erik silva if you are being generous. good stuff.

• Locked thread