Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Haley is the wildcard, LeBeau is the bhutta. They're going to share an apartment in training camp, Odd Couple style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hate Todd Haley and don't want him on my TV.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hate Todd Haley and don't want him on my TV.

This man doesn't deserve to watch sports.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Honestly Dick LeBeau alone is reason enough to watch. Years ago I heard a radio interview he did with Mike Logan, his pre-Polamau safety. At the end of the interview he told Logan he loved and missed him without pretension. I wish LeBeau was my dad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

No Butt Stuff posted:

huh, wouldn't know. wonder what movie i was thinking of.

No, who was the chick in American Beauty covered in Rose Petals?

I'm just trying to figure out what the sister who isn't in House of Cards was in.

Imdb exists

Also you're thinking of Mina Suvari

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

My mom bought me a women's Texans' Schaub jersey about two years ago. Uh, what do I do now?

EDIT: Occasionally I take it out, look at it, and then sigh and fold it back up again. I'm not going to get a Raider's jersey just for him.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 30, 2014

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

wtftastic posted:

My mom bought me a women's Texans' Schaub jersey about two years ago. Uh, what do I do now?

Wear it out and see what kind of reaction you get. My aunt got me a Schaub t-shirt jersey thing and I wore it for a quick grocery store trip and sure enough the first guy I see says something like "you've got some balls to be wearing that". That was it though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The best jersey I've ever seen out in the wild was a dude at a Giants game with a Jeff Feagles jersey. He'd stand up and cheer whenever the Giants punted and eventually my whole section and the sections near us would stand up too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wtftastic posted:

EDIT: Occasionally I take it out, look at it, and then sigh and fold it back up again. I'm not going to get a Raider's jersey just for him.

Prepare to turn it into a Browns-style record of QB futility

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

No Safe Word posted:

Wear it out and see what kind of reaction you get. My aunt got me a Schaub t-shirt jersey thing and I wore it for a quick grocery store trip and sure enough the first guy I see says something like "you've got some balls to be wearing that". That was it though.

I live in Charlottesville (Schaub played for UVa) and I have no idea if anyone locally would even notice. I also have the gooniest loving t-shirt that they were selling of him for their player walk of fame or something like that. I gotta see if I can find that. I will definitely let people know if I get any reactions though.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.cavalierteamshop.com/Product.aspx?pc=UVCT629

look at that goony motherfucker.

I wear that to games, and also to the gym because why not.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chichevache posted:

This man doesn't deserve to watch sports.

He's GIFable, but he's a dickbag and he and Scott Pioli both deserve their own little corners of hell.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

He's GIFable, but he's a dickbag and he and Scott Pioli both deserve their own little corners of hell.

National television can be a corner of hell, I imagine.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, Pioli is now in Atlanta, so that counts.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

wtftastic posted:

You should get a Raiders jersey anyway because it's the best jersey in professional sports.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Toymachine posted:

You should get a Raiders jersey anyway because it's the best jersey in professional sports.

I don't know if my father would talk to me again. A Texans jersey in a Pats family was just barely acceptable.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wtftastic posted:

I live in Charlottesville (Schaub played for UVa) and I have no idea if anyone locally would even notice. I also have the gooniest loving t-shirt that they were selling of him for their player walk of fame or something like that. I gotta see if I can find that. I will definitely let people know if I get any reactions though.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.cavalierteamshop.com/Product.aspx?pc=UVCT629

look at that goony motherfucker.

I wear that to games, and also to the gym because why not.

A shirt with a small logo on the front and a huge picture on the back? Man that takes me back to the 90s

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Toymachine posted:

for me to poop on!

\

e: make a schaub jersey burning video, you can pretend it's still last year and you are super mad.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

wtftastic posted:

I don't know if my father would talk to me again. A Texans jersey in a Pats family was just barely acceptable.

Get a :manning: jersery

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If the Bears are on Hard Knocks, I might have to get cable. I can't imagine not seeing Cutler being a dick, Trestman sputtering, Bennett holding court, and Marshall doing weird Brandon Marshall things in glorious HD.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One of the Bears players has a kid and Cutler corners him and talks to him about vaccinations and autism

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Brandon Marshall going all Garth from Wayne's World and narrating to the camera would be beautiful. Even better when the camera catches him narrating to a tackling bag or a sled

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

One of the Bears players has a kid and Cutler corners him and talks to him about vaccinations and autism

:lol: Why would Jay Cutler ever talk to a teammate?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I think that's more his wife's thing and it's just one of the many, many (many) things Cutler is incapable of giving a gently caress about

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There are few memes in football that I find funnier than Jay Cutler's complete lack of concern for everything, even, seemingly, being a Quarterback for the bears.

Every time he gets sacked, he's just yelling at his linemen like he's Jim Harbaugh coaching 5-years-old's in a pop warner game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Doltos posted:

The best jersey I've ever seen out in the wild was a dude at a Giants game with a Jeff Feagles jersey. He'd stand up and cheer whenever the Giants punted and eventually my whole section and the sections near us would stand up too.

At the absolute nadir of Iowa football I successfully got a Heisman chant going for Jason Baker.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rasczak posted:

I think that's more his wife's thing and it's just one of the many, many (many) things Cutler is incapable of giving a gently caress about

Yeah, Cutler would have told the Doctor he didn't care and the Doctor would have done it because the Doctor is a sane person.

Chilichimp posted:

There are few memes in football that I find funnier than Jay Cutler's complete lack of concern for everything, even, seemingly, being a Quarterback for the bears.

Every time he gets sacked, he's just yelling at his linemen like he's Jim Harbaugh coaching 5-years-old's in a pop warner game.

To be fair to Cutler he only yelled at J'Marcus Webb after getting sacked like 3 times in 6 plays from his assignment.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

:lol: Why would Jay Cutler ever talk to a teammate?

Maybe he's cornering the kid

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

Maybe he's cornering the kid

Besides Brandon Marshall, he means.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

Yeah, Cutler would have told the Doctor he didn't care and the Doctor would have done it because the Doctor is a sane person.

Yeah no it's his wife up at the pediatrician being a cray cray wingnut while Cutler's back at home on his second nap of the day or some poo poo

This all assumes they even have a proper pediatrician and that it's not just some hippie with a vitamin rack

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Doltos posted:

He'd stand up and cheer...

I thought you weren't allowed to do this at Giants games.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Intruder posted:

A shirt with a small logo on the front and a huge picture on the back? Man that takes me back to the 90s

Its so loving ugly and stupid, I had to spend the 20 dollars on it. It was either that or go back to my seat and continue watching UVa play football.

John Brown posted:

Get a :manning: jersery

A lab mate of mine has one, and she doesn't even like football.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

Yeah no it's his wife up at the pediatrician being a cray cray wingnut while Cutler's back at home on his second nap of the day or some poo poo

This all assumes they even have a proper pediatrician and that it's not just some hippie with a vitamin rack

Local Sports Reporter:
"Many of your team mates are traveling the world or working for various philanthropic organizations before camps start up. What did you do this off-season, Jay?

Jay Cutler:
"gently caress off."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Knightmere posted:

Only if it's done sarcastically and without a stupid sign.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Knightmere posted:

They're allowed but the bursitis generally prevents it.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I would love to watch the Bears on Hard Knocks, but then I'd have to give more money to Time Warner. And I'm not sure if I'm ready to go down that path in my life.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Is Cutler really an rear end in a top hat or is that just some rumor that he can't shake?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

John Brown posted:

Is Cutler really an rear end in a top hat or is that just some rumor that he can't shake?

I think he just really doesn't care what people think of him. A friend of mine saw him and offered him a cig and he got all pissy and yelled "I don't loving smoke!" and got in a cab so he's a little touchy about that.

My favorite jersey I've ever seen was a Panthers David Carr. I was a little mind-boggled just seeing it.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

John Brown posted:

A bit of both really. By most accounts he's a dick to random fans, but teammates not named Urlacher tend to say he's a really good, chill guy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

shiksa posted:

I think he just really doesn't care what people think of him. A friend of mine saw him and offered him a cig and he got all pissy and yelled "I don't loving smoke!" and got in a cab so he's a little touchy about that.

My favorite jersey I've ever seen was a Panthers David Carr. I was a little mind-boggled just seeing it.

Your friend is a loving dick. He probably gets some form of that joke every where he goes from some "funny" guy.

Cutler is only a prick and aloof like that with the media. He literally doesn't care what they have to say. Media members loving hate him so they project crap on to him. His offensive teammates love him. and Lovie's defensive guys hate/d him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also gently caress Urlacher, The Bears were the only team that offered him poo poo and he bitches about it.

• Locked thread