Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'll give someone a fresh new avatar of their choosing if they can convince cole to post itt

Why not just change the thread title to be misleading and lure him in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

quote:

The diplomatic back-and-forth came amid word from a Western official that U.S. troops will take part in military exercises Eastern Europe.
The official, with direct knowledge of the plan, said the exercises will take place in coming weeks in Poland and Estonia.
Both countries are U.S. allies and share a border with Russia. Officials in Poland and Estonia have both expressed concern over recent Russian military movements and actions in and around Ukraine.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/04/19/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Confirmed: this entire scandal is about Russia trying to gently caress up my ETS

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

No one wants to be an accomplice to your entrapment.

thin green line

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Why not just change the thread title to be misleading and lure him in.

You just had to make the suggestion, didn't you?

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Eat the bullet like a man, Warden. He's halfway to Zihuatanejo by now. When I picture him heading south in his own car with the top down, it always makes me laugh. Cole, who crawled through a river of poo poo and came out clean on the other side. Cole, headed for the Pacific.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
lotta posting going on in this thread

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

And none of it by Cole. :sigh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

And none of it by Cole. :sigh:

You keep a drop post with no serial number in your cruiser, right? Just ban him and switch it in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
don't worry whip you'll get to shoot a black teenager soon if you don't get to ban cole

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Obv answer is to rename the army thread the civ thread and the civ thread the army thread. He'll get drunk and post in one of them.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Debating on name change to Whipped Buttcheeks. Please advise.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Signaleer posted:

As an officer, you can afford to do so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Signaleer posted:

No balls.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

:irony:

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It speaks to both my fondness for BDSM and my noble duty to physically abuse the enlisted serfdom.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

It speaks to both my fondness for BDSM and my noble duty to physically abuse the enlisted serfdom.

You should go ahead and put yourself in for an award

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
2 years, 4 months, 3 days. gently caress.

gently caress Korea, gently caress Drum, gently caress leave putting into perspective how terrible poo poo is. I'd almost got a little bit of Stockholm syndrome by the end of Korea, just enough to numb the pain.

doogle
May 24, 2003

I was in the soldier support center today at bragg and overheard a conversation with one of General Sinclair's aides and some civilian that works there. Apparently he is getting PCSed to the Pentagon but moved his family there before he received orders and wants to get paid for an unauthorized DITY move. The aide also said that he should get it at the O5 rate so I'm assuming they are going to or have already demoted him to LTC.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

doogle posted:

I was in the soldier support center today at bragg and overheard a conversation with one of General Sinclair's aides and some civilian that works there. Apparently he is getting PCSed to the Pentagon but moved his family there before he received orders and wants to get paid for an unauthorized DITY move. The aide also said that he should get it at the O5 rate so I'm assuming they are going to or have already demoted him to LTC.

Ltc giggidy.

Preemptive DITY sounds like the level of dumb someone at that level would pull. "Maintain the standard... except for right now and for me."

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
That reminds me, how does BAH for BOLC work? It's TDY but I'm renting an apartment for my family because my poo poo is already on a boat and there's no reason for them to stay in an empty house on the other side of the country. Would I get BAH for the zip code on my orders, or the new zip code where I rented at (even though I'm supposed to be unaccompanied)?

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
If the course is less than 20 weeks you will get paid the BAH of the duty station you are leaving until you sign in at your new unit. You will also get paid TDY but for Tradoc schools they don't usually give you the full rate it is some pro-rated BS.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

faddypaddy posted:

If the course is less than 20 weeks you will get paid the BAH of the duty station you are leaving until you sign in at your new unit. You will also get paid TDY but for Tradoc schools they don't usually give you the full rate it is some pro-rated BS.

For some reason I made more in BAH during my 7-week 68W MOS-T course than I did in 44 weeks of my first MOS at AIT

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

So after I was selected to be a rear d oic for my unit's upcoming deployment, I heard about a position opening up in the old guard. I didn't know much about it at first, but if it could get me out of fort hood and over into DC, that would be awesome. Plus, I would get more PL time and potentially an XO position. There was a major I worked with on staff for about a year that went there and he e-mailed me telling me to fill out a packet and get it in. He said he could get me a job there without any issues, but that it would depend on getting released from my current unit. I talked to a few captains, specifically the commander of the company I am being the ready d oic for and he was all for it. I talked to my old commander, the one I was a PL for, and he said he would not support my decision as he sees it as me trying to get out being a ready d oic. I've talked about this dick head before. He said my SCO would see it the same way and it would put me in a worse position then I already am. How the gently caress could it get worse? 21 more loving months.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Take the Old Guard position and spend your last 21 months partying in DC.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Typical selfish reaction from an inept careerist. You are a horrible shamming gently caress for wanting to spend the last two years of your career in our national honor guard hiding out in a corner instead of filling this absolutely useless placeholder position super important mission critical position in my our organization.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Your old commander's opinion doesn't matter, it's your career.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Either way seems like a win, either go to DC or spend 9 months separated from the idiots in charge of your unit. I can't imagine rear detachment being that taxing, even if you are "in command."

If your outlook is getting out in 21 months, then who the gently caress cares what an old commander thinks. Start the ACAP process 12 months out and sham to the finish line.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Are any goons Drills down at Jackson? Or know anyone who is cool down there? I have a buddy going through Basic who I want to gently caress with a bit, in the greatest army tradition.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Triggs posted:

Your old commander's opinion doesn't matter, it's your career.

Oh believe me, I could give two shits what my commander thinks. No future job (I am interested in) is going to look at my OER or ORB to see what my lovely boss thinks.

However, even if I get the job, I still need to talk to my SCO and have him sign my 4187. If he doesn't, I'll be at Fort Hood for the rest of my career giving zero fucks. If he does, I'll at least be able to spend that 21 months doing something I'll actually enjoy.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
What the gently caress is there to do around or on Leonard wood? I am stuck here doing not very much for two weeks. I also have no car

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Kick-Puncher posted:

What the gently caress is there to do around or on Leonard wood? I am stuck here doing not very much for two weeks. I also have no car

Stip clubs, chinese food, tattoo parlors. Area 151 is a club or something. Everything is poo poo.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Cole's toxx away from the army thread has been extended indefinitely. Please report all future transgressions to your friendly neighborhood moderator!!

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Cole's toxx away from the army thread has been extended indefinitely. Please report all future transgressions to your friendly neighborhood moderator!!

Snitches get stitches.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Stip clubs, chinese food, tattoo parlors. Area 151 is a club or something. Everything is poo poo.

Don't forget Cracker Barrel and Wal-Mart

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Snitches get stitches.

Failure to report a witnessed crime may result in you facing penalties!!!

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Failure to report a witnessed crime may result in you facing penalties!!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shh, west is not knowink yet. Use this comrade:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What is this, a police forum??

• Locked thread