Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It is now :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

What is this, a police forum??

Getting hosed by an arbitrary civilian? Nah man it's exactly like the military.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Whip should go be a DoD or Department of the Army cop to make it even better.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kick-Puncher posted:

What the gently caress is there to do around or on Leonard wood? I am stuck here doing not very much for two weeks. I also have no car

Drink yourself into a coma at Black Jack. Or go to the lovely movie theater in Waynesville followed by the bar with 65 beers (over half of which are some kind of Michelob or Bud).

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

stevenolson88 posted:

Oh believe me, I could give two shits what my commander thinks. No future job (I am interested in) is going to look at my OER or ORB to see what my lovely boss thinks.

However, even if I get the job, I still need to talk to my SCO and have him sign my 4187. If he doesn't, I'll be at Fort Hood for the rest of my career giving zero fucks. If he does, I'll at least be able to spend that 21 months doing something I'll actually enjoy.

Explain it in terms of what's best for your career (as pretentious as that may sound). If he blocks you from the opportunity, go around or at least explain where you're coming from. Don't let some rear end in a top hat dictate how your career should pan out.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

psydude posted:

Drink yourself into a coma at Black Jack. Or go to the lovely movie theater in Waynesville followed by the bar with 65 beers (over half of which are some kind of Michelob or Bud).

Sounds like suicide is the only option. Judging by the waitresses at buffalo wild wings I would hate to see the strippers around here

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I'm slowly learning why people loving hate West Pointers. We had an officer huddle and I'm amazed at how oblivious some of these lieutenants are. They think that "customs and courtesies" are more important than being competent at their job. They consistently named soldiers who I, as a XO, know are incredibly incompetent (because, also, I'm the only lieutenant who actually does anything there). The future of the army, folks.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Ashmole posted:

I'm slowly learning why people loving hate West Pointers. We had an officer huddle and I'm amazed at how oblivious some of these lieutenants are. They think that "customs and courtesies" are more important than being competent at their job. They consistently named soldiers who I, as a XO, know are incredibly incompetent (because, also, I'm the only lieutenant who actually does anything there). The future of the army, folks.

Say hello to your future Brigade/Division commanders now!

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
That guy on the far right is loving STOKED

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
I like to think they take turns fisting each other with their rings. I've only met a few Pointer Lieutenants, but they all had the same entitled disconnection from reality. At least there are only a handful of them in combat service support.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Sgt. Maj. of the Army Raymond Chandler posted:

The most dangerous person in our Army today is someone who is highly competent but has little or no character.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

"Kiss my ring bitches"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Two of my friends who are brothers went to West Point and are now in the Army so I get to see some pretty funny comments on facebook from time to time. The older one is pretty normal but the younger one seems to only associate with other West Point officers and is definitely the odd one. Gets stuffed animals in his care package to Kuwait and posts pictures of them on facebook, names them, and gets serious responses from some of his former West Point classmates. One day his companies first sergeant made a joke about West Point cadets and he posts about it on facebook and one of his friends goes on a rant about how any West Pointer would make an ASTOUNDING squad leader and some other nonsense about how West Pointers are God's gift to the Army.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
all loving nobles must loving hang

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
had a couple west pointer PLs, one was alright, the other was the most chill officer i ever had, real cool dude, but also a really good officer. was real surprised when i found out he was a west pointer

polpot saved asia
Aug 28, 2011
My first company commander was a west pointer. He was pretty chill then we found out he was enlisted first. We had one come in like you could smell the new on him but he just sat in the back asked how poo poo was done and left us alone. Everyone agreed he was the best officer we have ever seen.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The best officers I ever had were the ones I never spoke to.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Sending a friend in Basic a care package that will get him smoked (that's tradition, right?) Already including some booze for the Drills, candy, and a green dildo with a note saying, "this won't be the last time you get hosed by the green wienie". Anything else I should send along?

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

A note with a bunch of Game of Thrones spoilers.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
My Little Pony poo poo.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

My first and best I've ever had since PL was a west pointer, I never knew he was a west pointer till after he left for the Q and someone told me.

The rest of the west point officer's I've met have been tools though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My little pony poo poo with game of throne spoilers written all over it?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
rolling papers/blunt wraps

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?
Prob keep the MLP poo poo for himself

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

bulletsponge13 posted:

Sending a friend in Basic a care package that will get him smoked (that's tradition, right?) Already including some booze for the Drills, candy, and a green dildo with a note saying, "this won't be the last time you get hosed by the green wienie". Anything else I should send along?

Don't just scribble it on a hand written note, you slacker. Make one of those custom sound playing greeting cards. Have it play Real American. Utilize appropriate cover art. May I suggest

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Send a bunch of these: http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Free-Gu...ribo+sugar+free

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The Stygian posted:

Prob keep the MLP poo poo for himself

Uh, no. My avatar was bought by some dick who was going around TFR and giving everyone ponytars.

This is the best idea so far.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

bulletsponge13 posted:

Uh, no. My avatar was bought by some dick who was going around TFR and giving everyone ponytars.

You do know that you can change it again, that stopped 2 years ago.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Ashmole posted:

Same reason I hate some ROTC kids.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Don't forget to fill that poo poo with glitter before you seal it up. :getin:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

Same reason I hate some ROTC kids.

Same reason I hate [insert commissioning source other than your own].

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
All officers are faggots.
So are enlisted.
Warrants are cool.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
actually, everyone is a huge fag

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I wonder if other countries' armies are as gay as ours. The Poles and Czechs seem pretty chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

psydude posted:

I wonder if other countries' armies are as gay as ours. The Poles and Czechs seem pretty chill.

Also, every single female in the Polish military is hot as gently caress. All the ones I saw in Ghazni were, anyway.

• Locked thread