Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

gas thread ban op

edit - Also, jeez guys stop arresting firemen on scene.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/fireman-handcuffed-after-responding-to-911-call/

quote:

A New Roads Police Officer may have violated the law when he handcuffed and detained a volunteer firefighter and first responder Monday night during an emergency.

Witnesses said it stemmed from the firefighter refusing to move his fire truck because he was rendering aid to the patient.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 1, 2014

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

edit - Also, jeez guys stop arresting firemen on scene.

What the hell is wrong with people

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
So apparently for April Fools day someone (I'm thinking a co-worker) posted my beat partner and my personal phone numbers on craigslist with a promise of a free TV in the ghetto. I've flagged the post but my phone is ringing / texting "off the wall" (Phones don't hang on the wall anymore). I can't think of anything to do about it.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Citycop posted:

So apparently for April Fools day someone (I'm thinking a co-worker) posted my beat partner and my personal phone numbers on craigslist with a promise of a free TV in the ghetto. I've flagged the post but my phone is ringing / texting "off the wall" (Phones don't hang on the wall anymore). I can't think of anything to do about it.

The term is "blowing up". Your phone is "blowing up".

Yes, I died a little on the inside after typing that.

I would get a privacy app that lets you flag only specific numbers to ring through, all others are rejected. I use an app called SemiSilent for this purpose. Then your family/friends can still reach you but all other numbers will be rejected. Also change your voicemail if you have your name on there.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Citycop posted:

find out who posted it and burn their house down, posting personal info of coworkers is crossing a line.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

find out who posted it and burn their house down, posting personal info of coworkers is crossing a line.

Just yesterday dispatch gave out my personal cell number to one of the registered sex offenders that I sometimes do status checks on :tipshat:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Branis posted:

Seriously. gently caress that guy.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
Thank god for Google Voice.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

beanieson posted:

Just yesterday dispatch gave out my personal cell number to one of the registered sex offenders that I sometimes do status checks on :tipshat:

I'm glad my agency isn't allowed to give out any phone number that doesn't go to a hardline office number.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

Spoke with a co-worker who posted it as a joke. He's a young troop and didn't think it through. He's also unmarried with no kids so did not think about waking my kids up at 6am before they have that stupid state test today. I let him know that a lesser person, or me when I was younger, would have been much less forgiving about the whole thing. I also told him I'll inform him when the time comes to pay me back (Probably an unattended death call).

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Time to use a piping bag to push some poo poo through his locker door.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I've heard of that being done here before and it's a good way to get yourself "forced" from the squad. Yeah it might seem funny but no one deserve to get hosed with out of work. Giving out someones personal information is crap and most anyone with experience knows it's a terrible idea to do something like that. Pranks here usually involve people doing stuff to your cruiser, locker, mailbox, mdt if you leave it open and up, etc. Stuff that can be paid back and won't generally affect your wife, kids, sleeping cycle.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Homie S posted:

This forever.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Citycop posted:

Spoke with a co-worker who posted it as a joke. He's a young troop and didn't think it through. He's also unmarried with no kids so did not think about waking my kids up at 6am before they have that stupid state test today. I let him know that a lesser person, or me when I was younger, would have been much less forgiving about the whole thing. I also told him I'll inform him when the time comes to pay me back (Probably an unattended death call).

You're getting soft in your old age. But props for taking the high road.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Homie S posted:

I just looked this up, looks like just a forwarding service... is there a way to send these calls directly to the text based voice mail where it doesn't actually ring your phone?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
That's pretty messed up.

What ever happened to the time honored pranks of zip ties on the drive shaft, paper confetti in the air vents, or pee through the locker vents?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

beanieson posted:

I just looked this up, looks like just a forwarding service... is there a way to send these calls directly to the text based voice mail where it doesn't actually ring your phone?

Yes. You can also call out and text out from your regular phone and have it show up as your google number. You can set personalized voicemail greetings, block calls, send directly to voicemail and a bunch of other poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Yes. You can also call out and text out from your regular phone and have it show up as your google number. You can set personalized voicemail greetings, block calls, send directly to voicemail and a bunch of other poo poo.

Seems pretty cool.... How is this free? I see a $0.00 balance on my account, is that just for international calls?

There's another company that advertises on podcasts all the time "E-Voice" which charges for all these same services.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Smiling Jack posted:

Sounds like something a narc would use tbqh

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Snowdens Secret posted:

Sounds like something a narc would use tbqh

I was thinking that would be used more for detectives.

:quagmire:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Apparently a generator caught fire at the station and the power is completely out. A buddy of mine is being held over to provide gate security.

Makes me real sad I took tonight off. :v:

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

Gate security sounds like some sweet OT

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

beanieson posted:

Seems pretty cool.... How is this free? I see a $0.00 balance on my account, is that just for international calls?

There's another company that advertises on podcasts all the time "E-Voice" which charges for all these same services.

It's free cause it's google and they're likely looking at the data for analytics/ads. And yes, the balance is for calling/texting to int'l numbers. It's a great service if you put a bit of time into it and set it up within the US. Also if you travel a lot (or live outside the US like me) you can port your number to google voice and have it call forward to any mobile number you want.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Homie S posted:

It's free cause it's google and they're likely looking at the data for analytics/ads. And yes, the balance is for calling/texting to int'l numbers. It's a great service if you put a bit of time into it and set it up within the US. Also if you travel a lot (or live outside the US like me) you can port your number to google voice and have it call forward to any mobile number you want.

Thought you were up on the east coast somewhere?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

beanieson posted:

We have one dispatcher who is a complete idiot. This guy assigns calls from the wrong beat consistently, gives calls out a South or West street as East or North, will take 10 minutes to run warrants, runs the wrong tag all the damned time. Well one day we had an officer who needed a ride to work, we have take homes and if your car is in for maintenance you can call dispatch and get a ride from one of the guys on the shift before you. The dispatcher gets on the radio and assigns it to a rookie officer. This rookie officer also has somewhat of a speech impediment so read it as "Tirty Sevwen"

CC: "Comm center to 37"
37: "37 go ahead"
CC: "44 needs a 10-86 from his residence"
37: "Clear, can you give me the address please?" :haw:
CC: "The address is ...
*cue everyone on the loving department keying up and walking over his traffic*

Luckily he was extremely covered and all you heard was intense static for about 15 seconds.

This same dispatcher/officer did the same thing a while back for the domestic violence shelter which is supposed to be "secret". Now everyone in scanner land knows the address to the domestic violence shelter.

Whale Cancer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 4, 2014

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Trying to grow a beard on vacation and it's just loving pathetic.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
We have a dispatcher who has a lisp on 's'. It seems even time they are working every car in town with 6, 7 or S in the plate gets radio checked.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

beanieson posted:

Thought you were up on the east coast somewhere?

i was but then i got so sick of the snow i said gently caress this and now i go 10-8 from another continent :smugdog:

Tentacle Party posted:

We have a dispatcher who has a lisp on 's'. It seems even time they are working every car in town with 6, 7 or S in the plate gets radio checked.

you guys dont use a phonetic alphabet or "sam" or whatever?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

sssssam

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
:stonk:

you're a mod?

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Homie S posted:

i was but then i got so sick of the snow i said gently caress this and now i go 10-8 from another continent :smugdog:

you guys dont use a phonetic alphabet or "sam" or whatever?

Ssshhhiks eight two sshhhierra sshhhierra golf.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Grem posted:

Trying to grow a beard on vacation and it's just loving pathetic.

I get to roll with a beard at work and it's just loving rad

edit: in uniform - I don't cheat on my wife enough to be plainclothes

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

DrakeriderCa posted:

I get to roll with a beard at work and it's just loving rad

edit: in uniform - I don't cheat on my wife enough to be plainclothes

I could see you in a beard.

I could also see you in dungarees and a flannel shirt.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Homie S posted:

poo poo, gone already? Time flies.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Tyro posted:

poo poo, gone already? Time flies.

Long gone! Sent you a PM.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQpu9UoXCeM

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

pup just wants to frolic :3:

A little backstory
Apr 24, 2004

Let's call her Elizabeth, because that's her name.
How long is a typical municipal police academy? And does it vary a lot from one part of the country to another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.

A little backstory posted:

How long is a typical municipal police academy? And does it vary a lot from one part of the country to another?

It varies based on the state. NC is minimum 16 weeks although some departments host there own academy with more hours.r

• Locked thread