Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Hot voice is never an indicator of hot body.

Dispatchers taught me this. More than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Ours was a para-military style program.

Lots of yelling, lots of pushing, lots of yelling, lots of pushing.... and so on for six months.

Most fun I never want to have again.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
I just bought a house and most people think I'm nuts.

I picked up a 120-odd square foot tiny house built onto a trailer. Got a good deal on it and now that i'm retired (unemployed), I know that I own a home and all I need to do is find a place to park it when I'm ready to move.

It's definitely not for everybody and I'm still getting used to it so can't say how it'll be for long-term living but it has everything my dog and I need to be comfortable for at least a year or so. Less of an investment than a nice car so even if it ends up being a total bust and I hate it I can deal with the financial hit with little extra work.

Either way you go, good luck!

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Branis posted:

I legit would live in one of those houses. Give me one of these, a medical marijuana card and the pacific coast and i'd be a happy man.

Brother, give me a few days and I'll get some pictures of my place together. The guy that builds them is a retired cop out of Tennessee and is a hell of a good dude.

poo poo, I'm retired in California about twenty minutes from the coast. I haven't gotten a card yet but being retired means its time.

So far I love living in it. I did a week and a half in it finishing the work near Memphis and then driving it home to SF. The loft is one of the most comfortable places I've ever slept. It's not roomy but its got enough space to feel very cozy and not confining.

SrgMagnum fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 13, 2014

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I say we stop posting in there and force everyone to have to post their questions at officer.com

God, I went back there for the first time in years the other day. That place sure did fall apart didn't it? Seems almost as angry as GBS these days.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Untagged posted:

... what happened to my lounge thread.

Seriously.... I'm so confused.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Murphys Stache posted:

In order to reduce the threat of abuse of power by gooncops, mandatory oversight and regulation is being forced upon you by GBS. God bless them. They're watching the watchmen.

We demand a civilian oversight board comprised of three criminal defense attorneys, four members of the GBS public, and two Liberal Arts students who "know their rights."

Thanks to their intensive knowledge of the law, police procedures,and the daily duties of a normal patrol officer, this board will certainly end the scourge that is police brutality and the oppression brought upon innocent and peaceful civilians by the overly militarized police and their evil assault tanks.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
I hate myself for seeing that. I've somehow avoided seeing that drat picture for over ten years and you drat donut eating piggies ruined my streak!

That's it...I'm gonna go occupy something.

(Bravo. That was well done.)

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Hezzy posted:

I don't understand what it is about the way we speak that Americans like so much

Apparently the same thing that all of my foreign female friends find so fascinating about the "California accent."

It's unusual and interesting to listen to. I hear it all the time and get so confused because I feel like my voice and mannerisms are relatively normal for a Californian. (Of course that's what I know and grew up with so it's completely normal for me.)

An English or Australian accent though almost always draws me to listen more closely to somebody because I love hearing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Branis posted:

so apparently the lesson here is don't spray a guy carrying a flare.

I thought the manufacturers had already managed to make this stuff non-flammable. I know several years ago we went through a huge push to check all of our spray and confirm that it wasn't flammable due to the public being afraid that our tasers would light somebody up like a Christmas tree after being sprayed.

Despite the fact that any decent cop I've worked with understands that spray is one of the least useful tools on our belt. (At least in my experience and the anecdotal evidence from two different agencies in northern California.) I stopped carrying the stuff at least two years before I got hurt. It just was never a useful enough tool for me to expose myself and my partners to it instead of just going hands on or using Mr. Edison's electronic shooting machine.

• Locked thread