Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Homie S posted:

i was but then i got so sick of the snow i said gently caress this and now i go 10-8 from another continent :smugdog:

poo poo, gone already? Time flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

JayKay posted:

I guess a Kel Tec is better than nothing but still, :wtf:

Our GOs state that we can only carry off duty Sigs or Glocks in 40 or 9 along with Colt, S&W, Ruger revolvers in .38.

Speaking of, I just off duty qualified yesterday on a new to me Glock 23 from cdnn sports I got for $390 shipped. Beats the hell out of any Kel Tec.

Sigh. My new agency's backup/off duty list sucks. No revolvers at all. Suspect they just don't want to buy any ammo other than the issue caliber. My old agency I could carry any gun the armorer approved (in effect anything that wasn't poo poo) in 5 or 6 calibers.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

College with guns and fast cars. We had a convenience store on base that sold cheap booze and we were 10 minutes from the beach. Best 6 month vacation ever.

The food was better at college.

And frankly the one you're talking about was not challenging in the least. The local Academy that I went through was harder both academically and physically.

So I guess I agree with you.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Homie S posted:

There's no way you can walk away from your experience and not tell me it was the best 3 month vacation ever.

Not quite as good as being an intern in the Caribbean was. But that was unpaid, which is a big negative...

Untagged posted:

Didn't we go to the same academy? If so...

All I've got to say to you is one more again!!! :v::hf::v:.
e/phone postin

Yeah I think we determined once that we did... Heh.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Branis posted:

oh god i'm thinking about buying a house. Please tell me this is a bad idea

Don't loving do it. PM me if you want details on why it sucks.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

beanieson posted:

Buy a house dude. Paying rent is pissing away your money with nothing to show for it, atleast paying a mortgage is building equity.

Whys it suck? Like, I see no disadvantage to ownership over paying a lifetime of rent :psyduck:

Mortabis explained it pretty well. But best case scenario it ties you down geographically which limits your job options.

I bought a place when I was a local cop and I didn't see moving away soon in my future. Since then I've moved for personal reasons, gone back to school, and switched jobs twice, and I've been renting it out at a loss.

Granted, anecdotes aren't data blah blah, but renting isn't bad on its face. Paying rent is not necessarily pissing money away, and especially if you're highly leveraged, the return on buying a house vs paying rent is probably lower than what you could get investing in the stock market, with lower risk.

Tyro fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 13, 2014

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

JayKay posted:

Anyone here using Raven Concealment Systems for their off duty? I picked up a Phantom and VG2 for my Glock 23 and I'm digging both. It's actually making me regret buying my Comp Tac MTAC as I like the RCS stuff just a bit better.

A clusterfuck

Using RCS for my on-duty. :colbert:

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
But I must ask, gentlemen, who Moderates the Moderators?

beanieson posted:

I for one welcome our new ban happy overlords.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Fruity tag best tag.

• Locked thread