Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
Thank god for Google Voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

beanieson posted:

Seems pretty cool.... How is this free? I see a $0.00 balance on my account, is that just for international calls?

There's another company that advertises on podcasts all the time "E-Voice" which charges for all these same services.

It's free cause it's google and they're likely looking at the data for analytics/ads. And yes, the balance is for calling/texting to int'l numbers. It's a great service if you put a bit of time into it and set it up within the US. Also if you travel a lot (or live outside the US like me) you can port your number to google voice and have it call forward to any mobile number you want.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

beanieson posted:

Thought you were up on the east coast somewhere?

i was but then i got so sick of the snow i said gently caress this and now i go 10-8 from another continent :smugdog:

Tentacle Party posted:

We have a dispatcher who has a lisp on 's'. It seems even time they are working every car in town with 6, 7 or S in the plate gets radio checked.

you guys dont use a phonetic alphabet or "sam" or whatever?

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
:stonk:

you're a mod?

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Tyro posted:

poo poo, gone already? Time flies.

Long gone! Sent you a PM.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Smiling Jack posted:

Speaking of ESU, NYPD ESU was founded on April 10, 1930. :toot:

NYPD ESU is my favorite group of pudgy Irish guys.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Tyro posted:

So I guess I agree with you.

There's no way you can walk away from your experience and not tell me it was the best 3 month vacation ever.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

We played with V8 chargers and PPV Tahoes on the pursuit tracks, only used the Crown Vic for the skid pad and NEVO.

They don't do NEVO anymore for us :( I remember doing it in Artesia and having so much fun with it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Smiling Jack posted:

When I said Ray Kelly ran an internal security program on par with Beria's NKVD, I wasn't kidding.

This is no joke. Once upon a time certain folks over there would always want to talk over coffee, never chat over email. It was crazy.

• Locked thread