Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:colbert: You yanks have all the fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

JayKay posted:

I say we do a Goonbuy and then someone uses the Keltec as a target and films it.

This person will still manage to get hurt by it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't know man if you can't trust a coworker to do their job right, why the hell can't they be?

Big stupid mouthy meatsacks make the old men who run the det happy because they remind them of themselves

Seriously half my bosses were just poo poo disturbers smart enough to know how not to get caught being assholes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

drilldo squirt posted:

Seems like something you should take to the union.

Yeah strangely enough they don't seem to have a lot of time for complaints about the guys they were corporals with, it's the strangest thing. Not all of those pre-Somalia* dinosaurs are gone yet.

(*The murder of Shidane Arone led to the modern, independent MP branch as it exists today but the old soldier men and the young professional police don't gel at all well so a lot of the talented young guys are leaving because army bullshit gets in the way of good cops doing good cop stuff)

Branis posted:

A unions job is to protect it's members. I doubt there has ever been a union in the history of unions that has actively purged people based on the opinions of others (except when AFL-CIO kicked out communists)

also this, if the guy's dangerous then he needs to be retrained or fired in the proper way with documentation that goes beyond "I don't like him cause he's a whiny human being"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

drilldo squirt posted:

Whats wrong with other dudes posting in this thread. I don't think I said anything messed up.

You're a funny poster and reading you in this thread makes me happy inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

SrgMagnum posted:

I thought the manufacturers had already managed to make this stuff non-flammable. I know several years ago we went through a huge push to check all of our spray and confirm that it wasn't flammable due to the public being afraid that our tasers would light somebody up like a Christmas tree after being sprayed.

Despite the fact that any decent cop I've worked with understands that spray is one of the least useful tools on our belt. (At least in my experience and the anecdotal evidence from two different agencies in northern California.) I stopped carrying the stuff at least two years before I got hurt. It just was never a useful enough tool for me to expose myself and my partners to it instead of just going hands on or using Mr. Edison's electronic shooting machine.

Yeah the spray won't burn but the propellant certainly will!

• Locked thread