Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Apparently a generator caught fire at the station and the power is completely out. A buddy of mine is being held over to provide gate security.

Makes me real sad I took tonight off. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Smiling Jack posted:

Wait, your armorers recommended a Kel-Tec? :wtc:

I guess a Kel Tec is better than nothing but still, :wtf:

Our GOs state that we can only carry off duty Sigs or Glocks in 40 or 9 along with Colt, S&W, Ruger revolvers in .38.

Speaking of, I just off duty qualified yesterday on a new to me Glock 23 from cdnn sports I got for $390 shipped. Beats the hell out of any Kel Tec.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Tyro posted:

Sigh. My new agency's backup/off duty list sucks. No revolvers at all. Suspect they just don't want to buy any ammo other than the issue caliber. My old agency I could carry any gun the armorer approved (in effect anything that wasn't poo poo) in 5 or 6 calibers.

Untagged's department has the best off duty policy. If you can qualify on it, you can carry it.

We're Glock/Sig only due to the fact that's what our 2 agencies are issued (PD=Sig, Sheriff=Glock). We also have revolvers on the list because of legacy.

I'd say the breakdown for off-duty carry here is 50% Glock, 30% Sig, 10% unarmed, 5% duty weapon, 5% revolver.

Edit: I just switched from carrying the Sig 239 in .40 to the Glock 23 for off duty.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 9, 2014

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I bought a house because my mortgage for a 3 bedroom house is cheaper than rent for a 1 bedroom apartment.

This is very similar to my situation.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

GunForumMeme posted:

Welp, taxes are done.

I've had my refund for a few weeks now. :smug:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

The old, old thread I thought was good. The current one and the previous one are basically COTB lite.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Untagged posted:

Harassed by cops... was charged with possession. Harassed by cops... was charged with speeding. Harassed by cops... loitering/drunk. Harassed by cops... was committing or about to commit some type of unlawful act I personally have decided not to be a crime and don't understand why it's enforced it could ruin my life if I'm caught ding this thing I know I shouldn't but chose to do anyway. Harassed is the new thread acab code word.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

This is how I picture Hezzy

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone here using Raven Concealment Systems for their off duty? I picked up a Phantom and VG2 for my Glock 23 and I'm digging both. It's actually making me regret buying my Comp Tac MTAC as I like the RCS stuff just a bit better.

beanieson posted:

Whoa what's going on in here?

A clusterfuck

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

If they wanted to see pain, they should make TheSoldier a mod.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out my interceptor is going to be used as a test bed for new internal configurations (mounts, cages, electronic setups, etc).

....which really sucks as I like how my car is setup now :argh:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Anyone want to buy my keltec?

I say we do a Goonbuy and then someone uses the Keltec as a target and films it.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

drilldo squirt posted:

That can't be safe dude.

He's in DC, its the norm.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

beanieson posted:

:eyepop: what the gently caress do you need that for?

Have you ever played Euro Truck Simulator 2? That's why.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Just picked up an NVIDIA Shield. Goodbye productivity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I have the option of switching from my new marked Taurus Interceptor with 6k on the clock to an unmarked Crown Vic with 60k and mounted radar.

Should I do it? :gifttank:

• Locked thread