Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

beanieson posted:

atleast paying a mortgage is building equity.

this is a bad reason to buy a house fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Branis posted:

I already pay for upkeep in the place I live now since my arrangement with the landlord is pretty informal, and plumbing/heating/electrical all that is actually newer in the potential house than in the one I live in now. The only thing that I can't really factor in for cost is the idea of being tied down to the area and that is definitely a downside.

Are you on the hook for a new roof? A new drain field? Bringing wiring up to code? Replacing appliances? Whoops your foundation needs some work and as a result you have to jack up the house to fix it...

Listen man, live the American Dream and all, but buying a house to pay less in rent is a bad plan.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Fargo movie/TV show accents sound a lot closer to yooper accents than minnesotan, although minnesotans do sound ridiculous

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

USMC503 posted:

Lmfao. As someone who grew up in Oregon, this is hilarious.

well, what we call rain up here in these parts is closer to drizzle. rain in the south is real rain, not pussy pnw rain

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

I'm fairly sure that most people don'g put gsx-r motors in their smart cars

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

beanieson posted:

all you northwesterners sound/look alike

nah bemidji is it's own level of retarded worse than typical midwestern towns. really anything up in or past the iron range is some kind of bizarre no-man's-land

• Locked thread