Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I got something like 60 credits from my 9 years of slavery, and not one of them applies towards my degree. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Painsaw posted:

I got something like 60 credits from my 9 years of slavery, and not one of them applies towards my degree. gently caress.

104 credits. The school took 33.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

holocaust bloopers posted:

one of the advantages of going to devry

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

:iceburn:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Got drat

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seriously fed up with all these art students I'm forced to spend my day with since half of them want to "fix" me

doesn't help that I'm doing the opposite IL situation (family in So. IL, I'm in northern IL) and they can rub all this heat in my face

gonna get drunk and gently caress a townie or something

freaktrain
Jun 11, 2012

Choo choo!

Professor Bling posted:

Seriously fed up with all these art students I'm forced to spend my day with since half of them want to "fix" me

No poo poo. Not just any art student, but entitled, spoiled trust-fund kids whose parents are giving them a free ride.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

freaktrain posted:

No poo poo. Not just any art student, but entitled, spoiled trust-fund kids whose parents are giving them a free ride.

Don't forget how stressed and "suicidal" they "feel" over 12 credit-hours of art "classes"

But "oh [Professor Bling], art classes are far more stressful than yours per credit hour" bitch I'm on track for an astrophysics PhD shut your goddamn mouth and give me my fries already

irrationally angry up in this bitch

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The GRE is 200 loving dollars :stare:

We are lucky because the gi bill reimburses us but how is anyone supposed to get higher education when poo poo costs so drat much.

Also my wife had some blood work done recently as part of an annual checkup and the blood processing folks didnt charge our insurance and sent us a bill. 500 dollars for some monkeys in a chemistry lab to read results spit out by a computer. We got it sorted and insurance is gonna be charged but how the gently caress are people able to get medical care without going bankrupt? As hit-and-miss as Tricare was, it sure beats paying out the rear end for checking on all those stupid injuries. I guess the solution is universal conscription :getin:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Fart Sandwiches posted:

We are lucky because the gi bill reimburses us but how is anyone supposed to get higher education when poo poo costs so drat much.

a buddy of mine is going to med school and is in something ridiculous like $150k in debt with undergrad and grad school combined. he says he loves what he's doing but isn't sure if it's worth all of the loans he'll probably have to hand down to his kids before it's all paid back.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Also my wife had some blood work done recently as part of an annual checkup and the blood processing folks didnt charge our insurance and sent us a bill. 500 dollars for some monkeys in a chemistry lab to read results spit out by a computer. We got it sorted and insurance is gonna be charged but how the gently caress are people able to get medical care without going bankrupt? As hit-and-miss as Tricare was, it sure beats paying out the rear end for checking on all those stupid injuries. I guess the solution is universal conscription :getin:

People without insurance do basically go bankrupt. My step father has pancreatic cancer that he couldn't get diagnosed or even really looked at until the ACA. He's having surgery in two weeks. My mom and him have no savings left, their credit is ruined, and they almost had to file for bankruptcy because they were just trying to keep him alive.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mr. Nice! posted:

People without insurance do basically go bankrupt. My step father has pancreatic cancer that he couldn't get diagnosed or even really looked at until the ACA. He's having surgery in two weeks. My mom and him have no savings left, their credit is ruined, and they almost had to file for bankruptcy because they were just trying to keep him alive.

Bootstraps!

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
thanks to my school requiring healthcare the VA now pays for me to have real non VA healthcare. poo poo owns, dislocated a kneecap recently and the doctor visits and everything with thus health plan were the least annoying healthcare experience i've ever had

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

^^
Thanks Obama. :sigh:

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Not every grad program requires the GRE if you've been out for a few years. :shrug:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
watching a kid get busted for having weed+paraphernalia in the dorms

this is the life

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
holy poo poo at people having to take these stupid sounding classes. i had to take exactly 1 liberal arts elective so i took an online history class about the puritans. boring as gently caress, easy a.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dear physics teacher,

.846x10^-3 = 8.46x10^-4, not 8.46x10^-2

Happy to help, God bless

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

six :shobon:

this is cool as heck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldA4nWANA8

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 2, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Maus was on the list.

What about Cat poo poo One

Coulda gotten some mileage outta that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

shyduck posted:

Dear physics teacher,

.846x10^-3 = 8.46x10^-4, not 8.46x10^-2

Happy to help, God bless

look at this nerd poo poo

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

~(_8^(|)

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
code:

* g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x * 
g                                               g  
o /     \             \            /    \       o  
a|       |             \          |      |      a  
t|       `.             |         |       :     t  
s`        |             |        \|       |     s  
e \       | /       /  \\\   --__ \\       :    e  
x  \      \/   _--~~          ~--__| \     |    x  
*   \      \_-~                    ~-_\    |    *  
g    \_     \        _.--------.______\|   |    g  
o      \     \______// _ ___ _ (_(__>  \   |    o  
a       \   .  C ___)  ______ (_(____>  |  /    a  
t       /\ |   C ____)/      \ (_____>  |_/     t  
s      / /\|   C_____)       |  (___>   /  \    s  
e     |   (   _C_____)\______/  // _/ /     \   e  
x     |    \  |__   \\_________// (__/       |  x  
*    | \    \____)   `----   --'             |  *  
g    |  \_          ___\       /_          _/ | g  
o   |              /    |     |  \            | o  
a   |             |    /       \  \           | a  
t   |          / /    |         |  \           |t  
s   |         / /      \__/\___/    |          |s  
e  |         / /        |    |       |         |e  
x  |          |         |    |       |         |x  
* g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x * g o a t e x *  

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Rectum should have been bigger. 9/10 points. Make the corrections and turn it in for a half a point.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MurderBot posted:

Rectum should have been bigger. 9/10 points. Make the corrections and turn it in for a half a point.

Wedding ring is missing, no credit.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I didn't know shame from a step child driving a canary yellow geo metro convertible could cause the deadliest of all cancers.. But there you have it. Guess he really loved you, and you Steve Jobs'd him by driving what is best described as a "sweet 16 for an upper class filipina" instead of car.

If you add Racing stripes I bet you can give your mom full blown AIDS.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
If he dies that's gonna be a real kick to the balls though man. :(

Thank god you can take the pain already though, bro.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Obama Africanus posted:

youre mean as heck but lol

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

yeah but you went to a real school

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

yeah but you went to a real school

I go to a real school. :saddowns:

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

I go to a real school. :saddowns:

keep telling yourself that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

keep telling yourself that

You know I don't go to Devry right?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

You know I don't go to Devry right?

Sorry we all can't be phoenixes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Sorry we all can't be phoenixes

American Military University is where I spend my GI Bill bennies at.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

American Military University is where I spend my GI Bill bennies at.

please refer to them by the proper nomenclature of "disability disney dollars"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

please refer to them by the proper nomenclature of "disability disney dollars"

Are we not calling them VA fun bux any more?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Obama Africanus posted:

:laffo:

Yeah, I'm more worried about my mom than him. The good news is, they've been pragmatic and have life insurance. Couldn't get health insurance until the ACA came out, but could drat sure get death insurance.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

:sigh: You're a bigger man than I for dealing with Law School during that. I seriously considered withdrawing again last year after my mom got diagnosed. It took me 6 months to be able to properly focus on academics again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelyPSU posted:

:sigh: You're a bigger man than I for dealing with Law School during that. I seriously considered withdrawing again last year after my mom got diagnosed. It took me 6 months to be able to properly focus on academics again.

He has been sick for a few years. We didn't know exactly what the problem was, but this started around 2010-2011. He ended up losing his job in 2012 and has been getting worse. My mom and him try to play it down because they don't want us to worry, but I know what's really going on. Even if everything is great with this surgery and the next for his hip, he's still pretty much on borrowed time.

mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009
Pest control update: I gained more clients this week and I start at home depot tomorrow. I still find myself restless at night. But it should stop after I start my new job. My work shirts got their company logo patch sewed on and its nice to walk around looking all official again.

I had a brake job done on my company truck after spending a week gathering parts from various autostores and the owner have me a wink and a nod when he handed me my invoice showing no labor costs. He had the techs do an oil change,so I bought them a pizza in return and we all spent lunch time eating pizza and playing with my dog.

Spent the majority of the afternoon cleaning up after otters that settled in a crawlspace and doing exclusion of all the vents. Went to the dog park afterwards and my boots were the most popular item to smell among the canines.

Now I'm awake after 3 hours of sleep and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEG59EgJZLY

• Locked thread