Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
if your school takes more than 30ish credits it's probably more cause for alarm than anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

if your school takes more than 30ish credits it's probably more cause for alarm than anything

I had college credit from University of Maryland, Embry Riddle, and some other college that they took.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

holocaust bloopers posted:

I had college credit from University of Maryland, Embry Riddle, and some other college that they took.

devry attendance confirmed???

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

My older brother has a BS in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle he got in the mid 90s. Nothing gets him so sad as hearing the private school he had to be in the top 7% of SAT scores to get in to is now a loving UoP substitute

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Jeez, are colleges in left-leaning states really that bad? My school was in the deep South. Aside from the occasional wacko who thought anyone to the left of Rick Santorum was a bomb-throwing anarchist, it was a pretty moderate experience. Rich kid conservatives and Atlanta liberals with a sprinkling of dumb rednecks.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
i go to one of the most liberal schools in the country in one of the most liberal places in the country and i haven't seen much of any sjw stuff, certainly nobody going off in class on it yet v:shobon:v

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

i go to one of the most liberal schools in the country in one of the most liberal places in the country and i haven't seen much of any sjw stuff, certainly nobody going off in class on it yet v:shobon:v

I thought you lived in Phoenix?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

My older brother has a BS in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle he got in the mid 90s. Nothing gets him so sad as hearing the private school he had to be in the top 7% of SAT scores to get in to is now a loving UoP substitute

Not my problem. I took one math class with them.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

transferred to a new school at the beginning of the year, i'm in the northeast now

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

p sure hes the only mexican in mit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The worst class I saw in my school was young adult literature, aka vampire books 101. It was for library science majors though, so it made sense.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

transferred to a new school at the beginning of the year, i'm in the northeast now

Gotcha, because I was about to say Phoenix is pretty conservative for being Far-East LA

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Signaleer posted:

Jeez, are colleges in left-leaning states really that bad? My school was in the deep South. Aside from the occasional wacko who thought anyone to the left of Rick Santorum was a bomb-throwing anarchist, it was a pretty moderate experience. Rich kid conservatives and Atlanta liberals with a sprinkling of dumb rednecks.

I went to school in I guess the shallow South and it was full-bore silly season, and that was almost 20 years ago. My first college job was at an openly Communist bookstore. The local SJW groups routinely held marches, published lists of demands in the school paper, etc. All the local storekeepers, coffee shop owners etc bragged about how they'd all voted for McGovern back in the day.

'Course that school's getting burned for mixing too much SJW into the football program now, which is pretty funny

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's a genderqueer course list. I have no idea what they teach nor will I ever, ever find out ever.

quote:

LGQ 280
LGBTQ LITERATURE FROM THE ANCIENT WORLD TO THE RENAISSANCE
(UNDERGRADUATE)
This course looks at constructions of queer desire in texts of the Western tradition from ancient Judea, Greece, and Rome through the European Middle Ages and into the English Renaissance. We will also learn to perform "queer readings" on texts that may not at first glance seem all that queer. The course will range across many linguistic and cultural traditions. We will read non-English texts in translation, but we may consult the originals in class and certainly knowledge of an ancient tongue or modern Romance language will be useful (but not required-don't worry!). As the title implies, the course will proceed historically, but we will be returning throughout to some basic questions: in what sorts of contexts do we find queer resistance to heteronormative assumptions? do some literary genres seem more hospitable than others to representations of queer desire? how do representations of sexuality relate to larger notions of gender and social class? how do the constructions of queer desire we find here differ from modern lesbian and gay identities? This is a great opportunity to think about queer identity while reading and discussing some amazing texts.

bloops fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 3, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

I went to school ... almost 20 years ago.

Holy poo poo you're old.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Holy poo poo you're old.

Elementary school drop out.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

USMC503 posted:

Elementary school drop out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9LshyaHd0

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We're discussing the military in sociology class. I'm not saying a word

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

shyduck posted:

"as a veteran, I..."

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

shyduck posted:

If anyone forces you to participate, start shaking badly and say you're being triggered

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

shyduck posted:

I don't mention being military ever but some NG gently caress recognized my KIA bracelt and outed me in my Tumblr-ish class while answering a really stupid question. Now I get asked about all manner of dumb poo poo during discussion time.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
This kind of poo poo always reminds me of the chuckle gently caress (of course female) who blurted out in one of my classes about how she thought, "being a soldier isn't THAT stressful, I mean it's not like they're getting shot at all the time."

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

USMC503 posted:

This kind of poo poo always reminds me of the chuckle gently caress (of course female) who blurted out in one of my classes about how she thought, "being a soldier isn't THAT stressful, I mean it's not like they're getting shot at all the time."

I read an article in Wired that said soldiers in "the 'Stan," as it is affectionately termed by the down-to-earth yet uncannily witty and insightful grunts just trying to get home to their families, just play Call of Duty and stuff their faces with surf and turf in the green zone all day.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
I played Madden with my surf and turf, thank you very much. On a tiny portable DVD player and a PS One. War is hell.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New Robocop is pretty good. the ED-209 bots are loving incredible.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The last time such scandalous movie opinions were posted, it was GD wondering why people liked the Fifth Element.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The 80s Robocop is still perfect.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Fifth Element owned.

You are a cis. You are trans. I am a meat popsicle.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJKdxPwZdk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Man the 30 for 30 on the Big East is rad as hell.

edit: Yep, just finished it. Probably in my top 5 of all the 30 for 30s.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 4, 2014

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Went to a lecture last night given by one of the lead structural designers of the new WTC. It owned.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
was he a mudslime

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Went to a lecture last night given by one of the lead structural designers of the new WTC. It owned.

Hope the crowd let him know, he was probably really nervous that he'd crash and burn and it'd bring his whole evening tumbling down

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 4, 2014

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Hope the crowd let him know, he was probably really nervous that he'd crash and burn and it'd bring his whole evening tumbling down

:bustem:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Snowdens Secret posted:

Idgi, I imagine this is how structural engineers for hi-rises feel at all times.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
did you ask him if the jews had already prepacked thermite into the structure or if that would be done at a later date

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Magnesium I-beams, thermite insulation.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
miniature cold fusion reactors installed to melt the steel more efficiently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

liquid hydrogen sprinkler system to round things off