Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Mad Dragon posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/national/18crash.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Wasn't someone in GiP on board for this?

edit: Someone just posted this on FB. I didn't notice the 2005 publication date until just now. I know this happened a long time ago. I thought the article itself was new. :downs:

That combination of 2 boats is going to be the new prototype in Charleston (they want me to go there, I am lolin at that)

So, has anyone else in here been in a shipyard for most/all of their navy experience, because shipyards are very... well its strange qualifying when your LPO is also qualifying at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

Yep, they said so in both the HEY GO TO PROTOTYPE/long term letter, since Miami is 'structurally unsound' or some garbage (I'm honestly shocked Miami didn't' get turned into a MTS, even with it failing subsafe it could have been strengthened enough to be another floating trainer.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm sure the eng screening for XO probably felt differently.

That being said, it's kind of an open secret that the first ORSE a new captain gets will be a ballbuster, while his last one will be a pushover. Disregard that the captain himself is almost completely uninvolved with any part of the inspection. It's that same "push the evals so we can show continuous improvement" mentality reaching at least to the O-6 level.

Oh my god precom life will suck if this is true, since I'm first of class precom!

• Locked thread