Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

So back to reserve chat, I still find it funny that every reserve person I meet wants to go active. I did not have a terrible experience but I try to explain it to them and they just don't seem to get it. The only exception being one guy who wants to mobilize/go active in order to get a higher percentage from his Post-9/11. The rest just really need it for a better paycheck than the local HEB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

squarerandom posted:

So I just for outta A-School and indoc'd at NOSC San Diego, they couldn't get ahold of my CT unit I'm supposed to drill with, so just put me with a random temp unit until they fix the problem :lol: also very cool being the only non ranked person and only non previous active duty in the room. I had no idea what the gently caress anyone was saying 90% of the time. And apparently because of the error I missed out on a class I coulda taken for AT for this fiscal year. Gotta love being NAT and no one from bootcamp until now has not a goddamn clue what I do or where I'm supposed to be.

So, things are lovely for you now but, when you finally get to your NIOC unit it will get better. Things should have been better for you but, I really can't speak for the CT side of the IDC when it comes to NAT accessions. To be honest, in the IS world, our problem is usually NATs usually coming on our books while still in A/C School. Also, to be fair, you'd end up doing indoc at NOSC SD even if you were already assigned to your unit. Best of luck and remember to go clean something next month :chiefsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Commoners posted:

I guess I'm interviewing for the white house communications agency. It seems pretty cool.

I would have to extend for three more years though.

Had an ITC at USS LAST who had worked there. Said it was a lot of work but rewarding and pretty much set himself up for making :chiefsay:

Good luck.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

Why do people willingly invite their families on tiger cruises I just don't get it

Because ships are awesome. Also, for the rest of your life when things are down you can always remember that at least you aren't underway.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

Yes mom buy that ticket to Hawaii so I can pay $95 to have you suffer with me and piss everyone off with longer chow lines :colbert:

For some reason I thought you were east coast, that makes more sense now. I would say gently caress the west coast but, I'm about the change reserve units so my ATs won't be in god awful Tampa but in Hawaii.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Cole posted:

What if smoking gets you out of work

:chiefsay: Go clean something or get back to the Army thread :chiefsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are they still required to give you a special SP eval? I seem to recall something like that for all PRT failures.

No, according to the 1610.1C, Ch.1, Page 6, Paragraph a & b, "no mandated or prohibited trait mark required in "Military Bearing"/"Professionalism" for promotability and/or retention for reporting period in which member's first or second PFA failure in a 4-year period." Emphasis mine. Now when you get into your third within 4-years you get a 1.0 in Military Bearing/Professionalism, SP & Retention Not Recommended.

An important note to remember if you are trying to apply for a program and you have since passed a PFA but it is before you periodic. 1610.1C, Ch.3, Page 6, Paragraph b, allows for, "A Special report may be submitted once satisfactory physical readiness is achieved on the most recent official PFA." Emphasis mine again.

This has been your periodic :chiefsay: please remember to always read and understand the pertinent regs and don't just listen to hearsay. Now, I am going back to drinking and studying for finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Pandasmores posted:

The moment they "nuke" the PFA and make it rate specific is the day someone's just gonna find another reason why it's inaccurate and bitch about it.

Also, broken down by rank.

Proposed IS PFA Events:
-The Coffee Walk: Make it from the mess deck to O3 level within spilling a drop.
-The Saunter: Make it within a certain time range (can't be too fast) to visit the AGs office, Bridge, CIC, Flag Plot, and back to your work center. Bonus points if you can hit the smoke deck, mess deck, or berthing without moving too quickly but, without failing.
-Bend and Reach: Fix your computer without the help of the ITs who get uppity about you doing there job as they cannot get credit.

• Locked thread