Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
Sea-goons: I'm exactly one day away from my PCS to head out to Colorado Springs and work supervising a bunch of Air Force and Army dudes at DIA. How should I cope with their strange customs and a distinct lack of nearby ocean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Stultus Maximus posted:

It was put out as factual by the IDC regional commander, but on further googling I'm seeing that it's been "right around the corner" for like 5 years now so :shrug:

There was an initiative a year or two back, right when all the IDC designators were being rolled together into the 1800 series and single competitive category to reclassify them as URL vice RL. However, after CNO review of the proposal packages, he agreed to the single competitive category and designator series, but tabled the URL redesignation for later consideration. Since then, I don't think there has been any significant effort to revive the shift.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

Technically, the UCMJ is established by an act of Congress, and it stipulates the maximum punishments awardable by differing levels of Article 15 and Court Martial authority, so in a pedantic way, the saying is correct.

Functionally though, no, there's a lot of easy ways to lose anchors.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

Yeah, on my first ship, we ended up having seawater intrusion into the MRG and metal shavings found. CO wasn't DFC'd, but he certainly ended up being transferred out of there as early as the ISIC could make it happen.

Still ended up making O-6 and retiring though, so I guess the system worked?

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

The whole drat command qualification clown show they dreamedup has to got to be one of the most spectacularly retarded things big Navy has dreamed up for the officer side of the house. Luckily I was grandfathered in on the aviation side, although I'm never going to actually command anything.

Fervently hoping this thing goes away in the next few years before I need to get anywhere near it, but I doubt it will.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I was actually informed by the doctor that the command is responsible for requesting a medboard. Should be expected that nobody knows what the hell is going on...

I've never been involved in the LIMDU process, but MILPERSMAN 1306-1200 says you can only be placed on LIMDU following action by a medical board. Referral to a medical board is part of the process no matter what, not necessarily the first step in out-processing.

EDIT: This page, and the other LIMDU stuff there on the sidebar, would probably be worth your time to read: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/LIMDU/Pages/CommandResposiblites.aspx

Octopode fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

This is why your phone's contact list should adhere to the one-up/one-down rule. Much less chance of drunk texting way above your paygrade.

• Locked thread