Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
3 weeks left in FDNF :toot:

Oh Japan, how I won't miss you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

Gatla posted:

I loved it over in Japan. The only poo poo part of my stay over there was the CO. That guy was such a raging loving rear end in a top hat.

I can measure up my experience as an enlisted by this choice quote from my former CO
"Back when I was a Lieutenant, I was unhappy. Then when I became a Commander, I was happy". Apparently you don't see the figurative sun as an Officer until you make Lieutenant Commander?

There you have it, an O-5 comparing his experience as an O-2 to an E-4, soon to be E-5. I agree sir, no matter how bad my life gets, It will never be Lieutenant bad.

Asides from that my last CO was awesome. Plenty of rest for the crew after things like Insurv and LOA, random days off for no reason other then "I'm the CO, that's why" and the fact that he legit seemed to give a drat about every department on the ship, down to Engineering.

I'm ready to see how the states compares to this. Other then if I do decide to get out, because spending 20 years in an engineering rate on a U.S Navy Warship is for the birds, then at least I know It's the service in general that I hate, and not just the command.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

Heading back to Great Lakes as an E-5 should be.. interesting, at most. Prepared for "Petty officer" all day every day, and that glorious mess hall.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I really wish Admin would give me my checkout sheet already. ATG hogs all the computers in the log room and there's seriously nothing else for me to do buy play 3DS all day while getting dirty looks from everyone not about leave this place.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I have done one, and only one NKO course this year, and that was so Radio can say my IA training is done, and let me keep browsing Facebook during normal working hours.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I'm glad to see JAG's don't gently caress around when it comes to court marshaling.

Since coming to Japan I've been witness to maybe 6 mast cases onboard my ship since our new CO started making them public. Literally 5 of 6 were "Reduction in rate suspended for 6 months" cases, which are easily the worst possible decisions I've ever seen.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

On a slightly different note,

I have learned today that one of 7th Fleet's DDG's literally blew up their reduction gear a few nights ago. Now i'm still a bit iffy on the details, however apparently letting a Dehumidifier powered by 440 Volts sit with an "overheat" alarm for a certain amount of time carries with it the chance to cause an extreme amount of damage. I can't wait to hear more about this, because it might finally teach our watch standers how to take readings correctly and acknowledge alarms. All the same though, just to think of the crash back involving a destroyed Main Reduction Gear makes my head spin.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

poopkitty posted:

True. Before you bash anyone (and the results are still not in; investigators are on board and ship's company is not allowed in spaces) remember how much poo poo we are asking Sailors to shove in one sock. (I'm likely not as iffy on the facts as you are.) Bad/neglectful watchstanding is bad. If your watch standers are loving it up, I would hope it doesn't take a damaged MRG for someone in your CoC to take action.

With the amount of backlash about to certainly come out of this, there's no need for bashing whatsoever. I literally cringed when I heard about this happening, because I work in MP and realise what a downed MRG is about to do to your workload, let alone your schedule for the next year.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

poopkitty posted:

Sorry, I just feel so awful for the waterfront right now. It's hard enough here and it's just getting harder. MCPON was here yesterday with his Kool-Aid firehose.

so that WAS MCPON I saw in the FFSC yesterday.. go figure.

Leaving in a week, so none of the nonsense going on bothers me anymore. Just waiting for my CO checkout, plane ticket, and NAM, and i'll be finally free of 7th Fleet.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

Eagerly awaiting GMT on "How to not blow up your MRG"

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

getting your flight itinerary via email is the best way to begin a weekend :woop: All fucks officially out the window.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

Really, REALLY hoping I'm not expected to be a Joe Navy or super sailor type once I arrive in Great Lakes again. Can I make a good impression? hell yes. Can i *keep* that impression going for half a year? we'll see. Still, it's much better then being anywhere resembling a ship or the ocean.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

What are you doing in Great Lakes?

I was diverted from my next command in San Diego to Gas Turbine "C" school, because apparently I nearly aced the E-5 exam, and big navy thinks i'm worth the trip suddenly. Either that or we're extremely undermanned in my next command and they think i'm about to become some sort of saint with lock-wire pliers and a can of oil.

I plan on separating as a satisfied E-5, so i'm not about to go crazy trying to impress people. From what they put the E-6 in Engineering through out here it's honestly the last thing I want to do.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I am being led to understand that you are eligible to retain benefits following 3 failed PFA's assuming you meet the criteria for an Honourable Discharge. Is this correct? I only have 1 PFA failure on record and i'm hoping that my transfer which essentially is right smack in the middle of our PFA cycle won't mess up and earn me a 2nd failure. Not that i'm worried of course, just curious.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

Christoff posted:

Females are always either broken or in a perpetual state of being pregnant or postpartum though

One of our Firemen walked in today screaming "Guess what i'm pregnant!" at the top of her lungs. It's not like anyone in the department is going to miss her "I refuse to study or qualify ANYTHING" attitude that pretty much kept her at the bottom of the run for just about everything, and apparently is going to keep her there.

Being in danger of failing a PFA is one thing. Getting some random John Deer you met in the honcho to scramble your eggs and keep you from failing the tape a 3rd consecutive time is another. Sometimes I can't believe it's that easy to get off of a sea duty billet.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I'm so glad I had a chance to participate in the Crossing the Line before we stopped doing it at our command. Granted mine was practically PG-13 compared to the previous few, but at least we had a chance to do something other then "OK WHAT IS TRACK X DOING" for a day, plus everyone was willing to play along and could understand that when people started calling you WOG something fun was about to happen.

Now my command is full of 18 year old CT's wearing Gandalf shirts that are barely mature enough to read an EOSS correctly much less endure quacking like a duck and drinking seawater.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I'm just thankful that I no longer am torn between staying in the military and getting out.

It's going to be an awful lot easier to just check "Intends to Separate" and "college everything" on my next IDP now that i'm not worried how i *might* want to keep subjecting myself to 18 hour days spent in a main space making sure we have no water spots on the deck.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I'm going to do this right now.

I will also include "You're almost there" on the first day of every month until October 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

On a side note, I've successfully gone down a blouse size every year. 4 months ago I could barely fit into a medium and now i'm fitting out a regular with room to spare.

I would make the effort to re-fit myself for my dress uniforms, but for someone who's worn his blues/whites once in a 3 1/2 year period, it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

• Locked thread