Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MancXVI posted:

call everybody shipmate

After a few of us in my office watched the PBS doc, Carrier. We kept calling each other shipmate for weeks. None of us were ever in the Navy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Did you complain about people hydrating your brightworks

No but we kept calling one guy's desk the poop deck.

Because we put dog poop on it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

Ok so what is this stress card poo poo I always hear rumors about it. "Did you hear in Navy boot camp they have stress cards now!!!"

It's a rumor from the 90s that comes back every few years when people want to complain about how soft the military was compared to when they were in and they could rip off your penisand make you eat it or w/e bullshit story they wanna make up to make themselves seem like less of a goldbricking shitbag

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mad Dragon posted:

That article is about the army. Please yell at me. I only have one punch left on my stress card and I want that free Subway foot-long.

In high school, one of my friend's girlfriend stole the special punch from her work. Took the manager like 7 weeks to figure out none of us were that big in to the Sub-Club

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've always heard the P-3 community is almost as toxic as the SWO community.

My brother said all the Navy guys in flight school who ended up with P-3 billets were all whiny cry-babies who married really bitchy/demanding women or were super religious pussies.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

genderstomper58 posted:

Maybe those were air force uniforms

So you're saying Navy P-3 pilots are just their embassy to the Air Force.

I can see that.

They're "deployed" to places that let them bring their families with, they never really seem to accomplish anything and they somehow make the Marine Air Wing look like a group of highly functional adults.

Checks out

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tuluk posted:

wait is this the ankle you broke playing volleyball at reserves drill?
HAHAHAHA.

For fucks sake dude don't let Representative Duckworth hear about your gold brickin nuclear rear end

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

I wouldn't worry I'm sure he's already got a leg up on her

Snowden you were born in the wrong era, you'd have been an amazing vaudeville comedian.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nick Soapdish posted:

Had an ITC at USS LAST who had worked there. Said it was a lot of work but rewarding and pretty much set himself up for making :chiefsay:

Good luck.

Yeah, from what I've heard from guys I've known to work the White House it's the single fastest way to get promoted and go gray at the same time

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

poopkitty posted:

We call them e-dicks in our office. Congrats on the habit.

Yeah, we call them robot dicks in mine.

"Where's Gary?"

"We went out to suck off Bender"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I just can't believe that dude went 20 years in the Navy without dealing with unidentified ejaculate

• Locked thread