Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Morning, sea warriors. It's April which means zany hilarious jokes from people that shouldn't be pulling pranks. Share all your lols and rofls in this thread.

In other news, I will be out of the Navy in 28 days. It's been interesting, to say the least. I'm not a nuke, submariner, corpsman, or SWO so my time wasn't completely miserable, but I'm ready to move on with my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Octopode posted:

Sea-goons: I'm exactly one day away from my PCS to head out to Colorado Springs and work supervising a bunch of Air Force and Army dudes at DIA. How should I cope with their strange customs and a distinct lack of nearby ocean?

call everybody shipmate

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

When I was at A school there was a dumb rumor floating around that boot camp was going to be extended by four weeks for hand-to-hand combat training. So many people parroted that poo poo that they "heard from a guy who heard an RDC totally talking about it", like some kid's uncle who worked in Japan and played Super Mario 8.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

I wouldn't worry I'm sure he's already got a leg up on her

Nice!

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5KTVA_2ys

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I sat through the final boss of GMT at the base theater today. Holy gently caress.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Laranzu posted:

Was it a full 8 hours? I missed that one and am transferring before the makeup. Go Me.

Thankfully, no. We got to hear every word of every slide, though.

edit vvv: Sat. Something about having really bad training with less than two weeks left made me tense up. It was weird.

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 18, 2014

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

This is loving beautiful.

I-is this what the real navy is like?

Yup. Jacking off into towels, all day every day.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

When people talk about getting medboarded out they're referring to a Physical Evaluation Board. Going limdu technically involves a "medboard" but it's just a form that your doctor fills out that gets your duty status changed.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Christoff posted:

Are those stories of NJPs for really bad sunburns true?

"burf blurf destruction of govt property lol" - :chiefsay:

• Locked thread