Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

ManMythLegend posted:

I bathe in aviator tears to keep my youthful appearance.

Eew. You must not be able to bathe very often.

Wingnut Ninja fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Vriess posted:

On a CVN they do a whole air show and all the Family can go on the Flight Deck and watch it. They pilots love to buzz the tower and the highlight was the sonic boom. They do a gunshoot and EOD teams will explode a mine for them. They usually have shows and special guests to play music to distract them while their sponsors actually have to work. Plus, the galley cheats that week and the enlisted mess gets wardroom food. Surf & Turf.

We did all of that (aside from surf & turf) on a one-day outing last week at the conclusion of TSTA. My parents had a great time and loved the chance to actually see that stuff in person, but there really isn't that much more to be gained by stretching it over several days. If people want an in-depth taste of the lovely parts of shipboard life, sure, but most guests are satisfied with seeing it briefly, then getting off at the end of the day and sleeping somewhere with hot water and a bed wider than their shoulders.

So while I wouldn't recommend a full tiger cruise, a 12 hour Friends and Family Day cruise is perfect.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
loving Army always has to ruin it for everyone.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Welp, just flew to Fallon and had sushi at the one Chinese restaurant in town. Here's hoping all the alcohol killed any potential pathogens.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

I really want to get one of these stickers. And probably put the rest on our CFLs' cars.

• Locked thread