Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

except everyone is fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/national/18crash.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Wasn't someone in GiP on board for this?

edit: Someone just posted this on FB. I didn't notice the 2005 publication date until just now. I know this happened a long time ago. I thought the article itself was new. :downs:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:byodood:PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH MY BRIGHTWRKS SHITMATE

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I wonder what dumb poo poo they say now.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MancXVI posted:

When I was at A school there was a dumb rumor floating around that boot camp was going to be extended by four weeks for hand-to-hand combat training.

PLEASE DON'T HIT ME, SHIPMATE

*pulls out stress card*

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

That article is about the army. Please yell at me. I only have one punch left on my stress card and I want that free Subway foot-long.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Do what I do when stal.. trying to get in touch with long-lost friends. Look her up on Facebook.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Schlabbalabba posted:

Haaaaaaay guys! Let's come in at noon so we can wait until sunset to go LCAC'n...

Haaay guys! Let's come in at four so we can start up after noon...

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Today is the 51st anniversary of the loss of the Thresher.

http://ussnautilus.org/blog/the-loss-of-uss-thresher-ssn-593/

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

You kids and your digital pictures. I've got a pile of negatives I need to scan.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

A good nuke never sees the sun

Shitbag

(Bit jelly I never got to go up there)

I got to climb up to the sail in the middle of the night to get chewed out by my dickhead divo while we were underway. I don't remember a thing he said, but the view was pretty awesome.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Reminds me of the "sports pages" from power school. That's what the mast section of the POW was called. Goddamn babby nukes were dumb.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

E: holy gently caress he was making it! Wow I feel sorry for him if word gets around about what he did while he is in jail, wait no I don't I hope he gets a shank in his back.
I thought military prisoners didn't come in contact with each other.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

poo poo. All they got on the boat was a cctv view from the periscope as the boat "dove".

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Because coners have such a hard life in port.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

Short of outright rape and murder I'm not sure what a CO can do to lose retirement. Our grounding was rather directly due to the captain's negligence (according to the investigation, not just in reality) and while I don't think they let him have full bird they definitely let him drive a desk until 20.

Rather shittily, they did not extend the same courtesy to the XO, despite him doing everything in his power to prevent the incident.

Before his last ORSE, and after a 6-month deployment of painting, cleaning, and drilling, our CO gave us a pep talk. He basically said the only way he wouldn't make O6 was if the boat ran aground and that our ORSE score wasn't super important. Just pass.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Reddit? He's probably a pedo and a racist, too.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cole posted:

i am a civilian i wish to be called "Skipper"

Buy a bass boat.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Schlabbalabba posted:

Might be time to go back to subs where we don't do PRT's
Bullshit. We did them all the time.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

all the time as in every 6 months?
Oh, I though we were talking about ORSE workups. :shepface:

I think we did the normal PRT schedule, mostly because the boat was broken and stuck in port for a long period of time between two deployments. Then it was off to the yards for overhaul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

We did command PT in the shipyard. It wasn't too bad. The lady leading us had a really nice rear end, so I was okay with watching her while I flailed around on the floor trying to exercise.

Now that I think about it, we did PT in port, too. My coner roommates ratted me out when I slept in one time. :argh:

• Locked thread