Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I got like 6 months? poo poo.

I have almost 70 days of leave saved up. I wonder if they'll let me take 2 months of terminal. I doubt it though. Apparently a month is the max but I'm still routing that chit anyways.

Otherwise I want to see if I can swindle 96s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fart Cannon posted:

Unless your command has a policy to differ, I'm not sure the max is 30. We had a dude do back to back IAs and came home with 126 days of leave. The ship had him break it up into 2 periods.

I took 45 days of terminal (in 2010).

Snowdens Secret posted:

You can definitely take more than 30 days of terminal. Whether the command will approve it is another matter. I thought everything but base pay (i.e. BAH, sea/sub pay) stopped after thirty days but I remember there was some disagreement on that last time it got brought up.

Yeah I've definitely seen people take more than 30. Albeit not at my command.

The 30 days max thing is just the number people throw out when you ask but I don't think it's official or anything. I just haven't cared enough yet to go up and bother the chain of command. Not sure how many people actually have more than 30 days saved when it's time to EAS. I won't exactly be in a mission crucial billet at that point. We'll see.

But god drat I remember being in DEP asking questions in that mess of an ask/tell thread GIP was confined to.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TrialbyStone posted:

Heading back to Great Lakes as an E-5 should be.. interesting, at most. Prepared for "Petty officer" all day every day, and that glorious mess hall.

Haha man I'd hate to be a fleet returnee at Great Lakes. Stay away from them females!

But god drat that chow hall was unreal. Probably the best I've seen in the Navy. Funny people went straight from a-school and being, well, more healthy and active than they normally are. Then to eating wings every day.

Mad Dragon posted:

PLEASE DON'T HIT ME, SHIPMATE

*pulls out stress card*

Ok so what is this stress card poo poo I always hear rumors about it. "Did you hear in Navy boot camp they have stress cards now!!!"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry chief they already take $330 out of my paycheck a month for this food

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why do people willingly invite their families on tiger cruises I just don't get it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yes mom buy that ticket to Hawaii so I can pay $95 to have you suffer with me and piss everyone off with longer chow lines :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

So I'm almost done with HM A school, I just got my orders today. I'm going to be an 8506, lab tech. Any opinions from the HM's?

Why did you pick a c-school out of a-school? Bad idea IMO.

Lab tech orders are long too. Like, 3-4 years? So you can get stuck somewhere awesome or somewhere lovely. Every lab tech I met absolutely hated their job because they were so overworked. You can get some civilian equivalent certs to work as a lab tech so I guess that's good? Most I've talked to want nothing to do with lab poo poo when they get out but who knows.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

I didn't pick it. I asked to go 0000, but I have a 97 average and pissed off a bunch of my instructors, so now I get to be a lab tech.

Yeah, you got hosed. They can't make you do any c-school. Unless you DEP in as a dental tech. You volunteered for it somehow you probably just didn't realize it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sarah posted:

Still hating on DTs I see.

No it's just the only c-schoo/NEC you can get from DEP? Unless you're a reservist maybe

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

poo poo I want to get hurt at work and get medboarded so I can get all that sweet cash

But medboard seems a bit excessive I've seen people kept around for much worse? Who's talking about medboarding?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

He's been in for almost 10 years so she must have at least 4-5 kids to take care of. 2 are his.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just do lots of bake sales for your SCPOA or whatever and price gouge the students

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always crack up when fatties bitch about body fat % and taping. Yes, the system they use is terribly inaccurate but the only people who fail being taped are fat fucks. If anything I think the standards should be set higher for the weigh in and actual physical test but that's just me.

"i'm not fat I just have a small neck and big waist! I do the elliptical 3 times a week! Yes, of course I want fries with that."

:qqsay:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I've personally never seen a genuinely fit and huge dude fail the BCA. One dude was doing HGH and probably 'roids and got huge but has a huge HGH gut. We laugh because he'll probably fail the BCA

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Females are always either broken or in a perpetual cycle of being pregnant or postpartum though

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 28, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Do pregnant chicks generally get lovely evals or???

I love being in an all male unit. So much less drama.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I agree but would you rather do some combat fitness test like the Marine Corps in addition to the PFA? Haha. I know doing a 1.5 mile run, pushups, and situps, isn't really a good gauge for your overall fitness. But how could they revamp the fitness requirements program? I feel bad for a lot of sub/surface dudes who work long and hard hours. With the chow on ship it can be generally tough to stay thin/fit I'd imagine. That said we were a bit spoiled on the ship I was on with a well equipped (albeit always packed) gym and flight deck to run on if your heart so desired.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

As an FMF HM you can do the Marine standards for height and weight and CFT. It was an option when I checked in. I'm not sure if it's just where I'm stationed or Navy wide but apparently it's not an option anymore because, from what I heard, Marine higher ups got tired of salty fat HMs cruising around with wild hair cuts in their uniforms

But yeah maybe something like the CFT instead of the PFA would be better. The run push-ups and sit-ups is just silly.

They asked us 5 times if we wanted to do the crossing the line. And at anytime we could pretty much call training time out. We had to have crossed it at least twice but never did it. I don't know what happened.

I'm a filthy pollywog :(

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 28, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fart Cannon posted:

I used to wear my dress poo poo a few times a month

what

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh, yeah, didn't do that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey I'm still in got some whining left to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Are those stories of NJPs for really bad sunburns true?

• Locked thread