Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Christoff posted:

Yeah, you got hosed. They can't make you do any c-school. Unless you DEP in as a dental tech. You volunteered for it somehow you probably just didn't realize it.

Still hating on DTs I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I hate the military's limited duty system.

Busted my knee this month with an ACL tear (playing DODGE BALL for command PT no less), and now I'm out for six-to-nine months? Then they're going to medboard me?

9 years of service threatened by an injury I could nary avoid. poo poo.

Your knee is never going to be the same after that injury. If you manage to stay in, like many people I know that had the same injury, you will keep tearing it and go through countless surgeries and be miserable.

Take the medboard and run. Enjoy your GI Bill.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
No, but I had a light duty chit in FMSS for being sunburned before. They didn't give us any breaks practicing for change of command and I was roasted. Instructors got in trouble, but I doubted they cared. I actually did carry sunscreen in my pocket because I don't want to be nasty wrinkly when I'm old.

I was still required to be in PT gear during PT (who knows why) so the chit said long sleeve everything and no PT until the sunburn was gone. Oh and sunglasses in formation because the IDC said people with blue eyes should always wear sunglasses :cool:

• Locked thread