Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Same poo poo happens in civilian world too, make no mistake. Only if they get caught they can sometimes get fired. Or you can just walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I enjoyed the time I spent in Japan, because unlike other dudes on my boat I actually left the Yokosuka area.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

poopkitty posted:

I left Yokosuka today. Well, I don't live there anyway. But I left. Y'all missed the Penis fest in Kawasaki.

The clubs in Roppongi were pretty drat awesome. Chicks hitting on me when my girl went to the bathroom or when I went to get us drinks.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Snowdens Secret posted:

The weirdest thing that I can remember from boot camp is while the rest of the division was running laps for PT one day the RDCs had me sing Baby Got Back over the PA but as a country song. I don't begin to remember how that situation came about.

I bet you didn't fold your underwear properly.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's a rumor from the 90s that comes back every few years when people want to complain about how soft the military was compared to when they were in and they could rip off your penisand make you eat it or w/e bullshit story they wanna make up to make themselves seem like less of a goldbricking shitbag

Supposedly this happened around 95. I heard the rumors about it happening a few months after I got out of boot but figured it was bullshit. Then one of my A-school instructors transferred to my boat in 96/97 I forget, and he told me how one of the guys in A-school pulled out a stress card he had from boot when he was yelling at him about him doing lovely on a test. I don't know if it is an accurate story because they guy loved to tell stories but there is my 'story' about it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Figures. lovely Smitty did earn his name.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also

If there's one constant in all branches of the military, it's :clint: "back in my day we weren't coddled little human being pansies!" BSing.

So it sort of was real. But it was more of a "don't kill yourself in boot please" than a stress card.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Do what my kick rear end skipper did. Walk around smoking cigars anywhere you drat well please.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Seqenenra posted:

What ship was that? I left a box of cigars out in my space once in plain view when my CO came in for a zone inspection. He opened up the can, took a couple and said my spaces looked outstanding and left.

USS Los Angeles 97-98

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hogmartin posted:

We couldn't do angles and dangles because some system or other was boned, but we shot mad water slugs. Everybody loves the styrofoam cup trick too.

I hope you explained to them the liliputian effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Snowdens Secret posted:

In ManMythLegend's defense he just got there

This was his clever ploy to spend all his time in drydock.

• Locked thread